Seriously. NO MORE JARS. I need a 12 step program ...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. I'm sick and demented. I bought so many jars this week. I have boxes and boxes of costume jewelry. But after today, I am seriously NOT going to buy a jar for a little while.

I got a HUGE jar for $125-20%. (You do the math.) I got over 9 grams of sellable gold. A heavy gold bracelet (6 grams), a lovely butterfly charm (2 grams) that was sitting on a fake gold chain, a wedding band (1.56 grams) that says it is custom made (how sad!), and a single gold ball earring. DARN! I scrapped the other gold ball earring like it.

I got a lot of silver too. I got a lovely pin, a heavy snake chain that is long, and a stunning bracelet that is going in my jewelry box. There is more, but I don't remember. So much of this stupid kids stuff. Why don't people just throw it out? Seriously? Who wants a little bead bracelet their kid made on yarn? That is the only down side. but I did get some nice costume pieces that I am going to try and sell off.

So for the next little while, you are all welcome to come and take the jewelry jars.

Last edited:

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish my thrift store did jars like this. Mine only do bags and that's strictly of jewelry that has been sitting in the display case for too long so it's 100% worthless garbage(kid stuff).

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold never hits the display case here,they must sell it somewhere else. Once in a while there will be some extremely over priced sterling earrings! Consider yourself lucky you live near a store that sells it out front. Good luck!

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<hangs head in shame> .... I bought three more jars.

Then I cut my credit card up. I got ONE gold bangle. I did get a ton of silver. I got a Miriam Haskell necklace (vintage, not new), Lisner earrings, and I forgot what else. A lot of signed pieces. I'll make my money back and then some if I ever start selling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread