What's new

Shadow Box completed after generations of family members.

nova

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
926
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving folks, I received permission weeks ago to hunt an old demolished house built in 1870. It was built by the grandfather many moons ago and was a family after family generation home. The owner was very heart broken too see the old house razed but the foundation was sinking and would of cost ed over a million to restore. (She even was married in the old house.) Well she gave me permission to hunt and I told her I would make a shadow box of finds for remembrance. Well I finished it up today. Surprisingly not much was found, the oldest coin was a 1730 Colonial cent. I hunted this place for days. The picture she gave me is attached at top of the box you can see a side view of it. I would Like to Thank Modern Miner for all of his tips on making this shadow box. I would also like to thank all of you folks on T-Net for all your good advice and showing your great finds of the past. Well I'm going to call her after the holiday and let her know it's done. I will let you know how all goes. There were several other hunters at the site the owner was very upset she booted them all off. Thats when I came along
Nova.
 

Attachments

  • shadow box 002 (Small).webp
    shadow box 002 (Small).webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 951
  • shadow box 001 (Small).webp
    shadow box 001 (Small).webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 969
Upvote 0
Nova,
I'm 100% sure the owner will cherish that beautiful shadowbox. It came out GREAT and those are some awesome relics & coins!!!
Those suspender clips are super cool and I can't even imagine digging a coin that old. :o You will see, that shadowbox will open a lot more doors for you on future sites.
A job well done,
MM

***HAPPY THANKSGIVING***
 
Nova, that is a cool shadow box along with some grate finds. You didn't say but was the home in Utah, if so I can't believe that you found a coin that old, there is nothing that old on this side of the mountain.
 
Awesome Shadow box, I am sure she will enjoy it as much as you did putting it all together.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Nova Treasure
 
I am sure the shadow box will be greatly received and appreciated. You definitely took the next step in metal detecting. It shows your character, like a fellow tnet member said, I am sure its going to open many more doors. The colonial cent had to be an exciting find. Have a great Thanksgiving.
 
bula said:
Nova, that is a cool shadow box along with some grate finds. You didn't say but was the home in Utah, if so I can't believe that you found a coin that old, there is nothing that old on this side of the mountain.
[/quo


Hello Bula,
Yes the house was located in North Ogden. When I found the coin it was caked black, I had no idea what it was. I Tumbled it for several hours just enough to make it out. It's hard to believe a coin that old would be lost here in the Utah area. I do know one thing that's my oldest coin and will be tough to top.
 
Very cool thing to do Nova. :thumbsup:

You are 1st class!!!!!! :notworthy:

HH

TT
 
nova said:
bula said:
Nova, that is a cool shadow box along with some grate finds. You didn't say but was the home in Utah, if so I can't believe that you found a coin that old, there is nothing that old on this side of the mountain.
[/quo


Hello Bula,
Yes the house was located in North Ogden. When I found the coin it was caked black, I had no idea what it was. I Tumbled it for several hours just enough to make it out. It's hard to believe a coin that old would be lost here in the Utah area. I do know one thing that's my oldest coin and will be tough to top.
Know what you mean I found a 1907 dime & without hooking it up to the battery charger u could not tell waht it was.
 
That is a nice shadow box. That tag that has 183 on it, what kind of tag is that?
 
Very nice, great looking display. :thumbsup:
 
Nice display. Should be very meaningful to the owner. Kudos :icon_thumright:
 
Super job. Shadow box looks excellent and your finds are impressive as well. Good going Nova!!!
 
nova said:
Happy Thanksgiving folks, I received permission weeks ago to hunt an old demolished house built in 1870. It was built by the grandfather many moons ago and was a family after family generation home. The owner was very heart broken too see the old house razed but the foundation was sinking and would of cost ed over a million to restore. (She even was married in the old house.) Well she gave me permission to hunt and I told her I would make a shadow box of finds for remembrance. Well I finished it up today. Surprisingly not much was found, the oldest coin was a 1730 Colonial cent. I hunted this place for days. The picture she gave me is attached at top of the box you can see a side view of it. I would Like to Thank Modern Miner for all of his tips on making this shadow box. I would also like to thank all of you folks on T-Net for all your good advice and showing your great finds of the past. Well I'm going to call her after the holiday and let her know it's done. I will let you know how all goes. Thanks all folks for the comments
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom