ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok folks, I think this is absolutely funny. This is the second time it has happened so I thought I would post it. As some of you know I don't wear fins while diving. I crawl on the bottom. So I have a wet suit and booties on. When I dig a target in the muck, visibility goes to absolute nothing. OBVIOUSLY a pretty large fish of some sort can't see either. Twice my boot has been grabbed by the toes, and shaken side to side by some sort of fish. I am guessing either a large small mouth bass or a catfish. Since I can't see what did it, it is kind of spooky.

Today after working on a couple of docks I decided to go out and play. Not a whole lot of targets but still a good day. Totals are a merc and a rosey, 4 wheats and a king George, 4 silver rings a 10K G.F. ring (RATS), 2 brass rings, and a brass cross. Still haven't found another hot spot but I am sure one is hiding out there somewhere.

Last edited:
Upvote 20

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14955t-and-motiv.jpg

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something grabing my toes while in deep muddy water I probably would leave something that I can't say here, to many alligators where I live - anyway you have enough rings & jewelry to start a Jewelry Store "congrats" on these finds and I will be waiting on your next post.

Texas ED

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with KCM. Its probably a big old Flathead Catfish. Nice finds Scuba.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Whatever it is it just startles me. Having your foot shaken is way weird.

Thanks for the replies. Trying to decide where to go today.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Congrats!

Your probably raiding Mr. Catfish's pantery so hes nibbling just to make sure your only making off with his silver and not the food! :D

....must be a brave catfish to bite off "that" much he can't chew! :eek:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great hunt, Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some nice finds! I would have to agree that it was a catfish.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds! Congrats!

Your probably raiding Mr. Catfish's pantery so hes nibbling just to make sure your only making off with his silver and not the food! :D

....must be a brave catfish to bite off "that" much he can't chew! :eek:
Growing up in SE Texas, I remember hearing stories of underwater welders who would go down and do repair/maintenance welding on the dam at the local lake. It was said that larger catfish would simply lay in front of the dam with their mouths open and let the water bring the food to them. So, they kept getting bigger. Story goes that several welders over the years saw how huge some of these catfish had gotten and refused to go back down again. They said some of these fish were large enough that a full-grown man could fit inside! Of course, it was also said how these fish were so large and had become so lazy that they couldn't move very well. ...Never knew just how much to believe of that, but it made for some great tales!!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep,, sure glad you ain't got no fresh water Makos

Saw different stories some years back - one about dolphins working their way quite far inland into a fresh-water river. Another story about sharks doing the same thing, only not going as far inland. ...I think Michigan should be fairly safe. :laughing7:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't they call that noodling?:laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes SD, next time you go out, smear a bit of stink bait to your booties. :laughing7: You might end up with a free seafood dinner that night! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes SD, next time you go out, smear a bit of stink bait to your booties. :laughing7: You might end up with a free seafood dinner that night! :thumbsup:

Not a bad idea if I wanted to kill a catfish. None bothered me today. Thanks for all the replies! As I said, it was kind of spooky.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something grabbed your toe and no visability makes water hunting a little less appealing but looking at your bucket s full of finds wow Ill wrestle that eel or who ever it is down there snapping turtle ,water maccason,???? just spooky Thanks for sharing all your finds Stay safe soak your feet in hot sauce might keep critters away LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread