Shangra-La Recon...wow

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't hold myself back from going out before the game, so given that, If i had my equipment with me like my machine, sifting box etc...I would be out all day. That being said, this spring I spoke with these road construction workers when I was working another dig and they told me that they know where I can find a s-load of old bottles, I took it with a grain of salt and put it on the back burner, well today I decided to do a quick scout mission before the game...see below.

Stumbled across an old mill on my left, a crossed a stream..ho hum, a dime a dozen for these parts..
Mill1-e.jpg
Mill2-e.jpg

The I started glancing to my left, up an embankment...I nearly fell off my rocker, Holy S---!! a monster exposed bottle dump vein!!
HolyEff1-e.jpg
Holyeff2-e.jpg

Climbed the embankment to the top of the exposed vein, and found that was only the tip of the ice burg...
Picked up a few of the exposed bottles to sample..

An Omega Oil-"Its Green" used to help stop corset pains...Hint 1
Omega-e.jpg

Then I stumble on a metallic case fully intact..hint
Box-e.jpg

Elcaya milk glass jar with lid..hint 3
Elcaya-e.jpg

Starting to think that I was on a bottle dump with from a women that took care of herself...first thing I was thinking when i bring my gear to this location ...Jewelry!

A un-embossed bottle with a tooled top..
bott1-e.jpg

Doesn't end there, also found some iron relics as well..

Leg to something..
ironleg-e.jpg

Thing-a-ma-jigs..
Ironthing-e.jpg
Ironthing2-e.jpg
Thingy-e.jpg
Ironthing3-e.jpg

Then I look down, and I saw what I thought to be a coin, unfortunately, its just an iron disc of sorts..
Irondisc-e.jpg

Not bad for an hour of scouting without any tools/equipment other than my bare hands..

Upvote 7
OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some better pictures of the final tally when at home..
Elcaya bottle with lid..
Elcaya2-e.jpg

Mini cutex bottle
Cutex-e.jpg

Baldauf Bottling bottle closure..
Baldauf-e.jpg
Baldauf2-e.jpg

All the bottles/jars
Bottles-e.jpg

Some of the small stuff..
small-e.jpg

All in all, nothing is spectacular, but the potential is limitless. I have many more pictures, however I have a game to catch..Go RU!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great area, cool finds, I would love to find a site like that around here. HH!

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on finding "Bottletopia". That should keep you busy for awhile!

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Definitely cool. Fairly clear site, and lots of water to cool off in while sorting your finds. Great possibilities at that place Muck.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a good feel about this place. Unfortunately, given the the chill is starting to come into the air, taking a dip may be out of the question.
Same goes with bottles, when we get the first ground crust (frost) I usually forego bottle digging and pick up the machine again. .
I know it sounds strange, but there is a method to the madness. At least I will have a go to spot for the foreseeable future. .

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice spot, what happened with that metal case?

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure that iron disc is not a large cent, I have detected a few large cents that were crusted up so bad I thought they were metal disc until I soaked them in olive oil.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX Dave thinks like I. The good bottles (old are deep) Last year here in south Jersey, the ground only froze a couple inches, all soft dirt deeper. 1900's bottles on top, whats deeper? Nice finds! I love all those old bottles

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you sure that iron disc is not a large cent, I have detected a few large cents that were crusted up so bad I thought they were metal disc until I soaked them in olive oil.

It doesn't look rusty enough to be a iron disk from my angle. A few weeks ago I thought my KG3 was a rusty electrical knock-out so 'nuff said.

Anyways that's a killer area you found Muck. Good luck and I hope you find that elusive rare bottle on your list.

-Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty sure, since the weight of the item is pretty significant. I am soaking the item in olive oil as we speak..I have learned not to get my hopes up finds like this, it would be too good to be true..

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks promising god luck

el remolino

May 26, 2013
West Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a lot of glass in that photo!! There really is no telling what you re going to find, but I bet it will sure be fun. Good luck

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX Dave thinks like I. The good bottles (old are deep) Last year here in south Jersey, the ground only froze a couple inches, all soft dirt deeper. 1900's bottles on top, whats deeper? Nice finds! I love all those old bottles

I haven't dug anything there yet, but given that I found a tooled top, I know there is stuff that's older beneath and amongst the modern vein.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions