63bkpkr
Silver Member
- Joined
- Aug 9, 2007
- Messages
- 4,078
- Reaction score
- 4,630
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southern California
- Detector(s) used
- XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
Several years ago my Whites 6000D told me to remove this item from the ground and since then I've wondered what it was all about.
It is a simple cheap ring built to be formable to fit many finger sizes made of aluminum. It says sharpshooter on the front and has some sort of symbol below it.

The backside of it is the back side of it, nothing that I see there that tells me anything.

I would appreciate any information you have concerning the ring, why it was produced and how did a person come by them (get them in a special box of cereal so they could join a secret club, etc.) and if it has any value as that would be curious to know. Once I had a collector offer me $20 for it just so he could research but I was and still am into keeping my finds.
Thank you for your help, 63bkpkr
Several years ago my Whites 6000D told me to remove this item from the ground and since then I've wondered what it was all about.
It is a simple cheap ring built to be formable to fit many finger sizes made of aluminum. It says sharpshooter on the front and has some sort of symbol below it.

The backside of it is the back side of it, nothing that I see there that tells me anything.

I would appreciate any information you have concerning the ring, why it was produced and how did a person come by them (get them in a special box of cereal so they could join a secret club, etc.) and if it has any value as that would be curious to know. Once I had a collector offer me $20 for it just so he could research but I was and still am into keeping my finds.
Thank you for your help, 63bkpkr

That's what happens when you rely on dead brain cells as you get much older than when you first saw it
After I posted my reply, I went to google, and many other sites ie. vintage radio premiums, toys, cereal, t.v. shows of the 40's and 50's, no sharpshooter's found anywhere. Is it possible that my brain created this memory.....very scary
. I apologize for the bad info. All I came up with is "straightshooter's" BUT, I know it's out there somewhere, just can't remember the search terms. This message will self destruct in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5,..........
..........NGE
? (main street name is gone from brain cells,Warren Rd.?) I used to shoot my BB gun at the creek rats in the creek just off of Inkster. Back then there was a big field out there but I know somebody threw out house weed seeds and they grew as the last time I was through there it was solid houses. I attended Riley Junior High School before I left for other places long long ago. Currently in Northern California over the hill from Oakland and I play in the Sierras prospecting, catching trout and exploring side canyons. The place is covered with snow and the creeks and rivers are dangerous right now and will be till sometime this summer so I'm stuck in my armchair till then though I am looking at coils for my GMT metal detector right now.







