What's new

Sharing Hunting Sites

lookingharder

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
434
Reaction score
753
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv'e been detecting since 1978 and have lived on both coast (0-16 extreme Northern California, 16 to 30 South Carolina) I know we are very tight lipped when it comes to our local sites but I have searched two areas that I will never be back to so I thought Id'e share. This is for the Northern Calif. folks on here. Along Hwy 1 north going north from Fort Ross during the timber rush there were several towns with a population from 500-1000 along the coast that are no longer there, Doing research you can Find where they were. In central South Carolina west of Wedgefield out in the swamp along the RR track there was approx. 200 RR cars full of munitions blown up during the civil war. I personally have seen people ( 2 different occasions) dig up a box of musket rifles still wrapped in the greased burlap. I found so many mini balls that we would melt them for fishing sinkers, literally coffee cans full. Just curious if anyone else had a honey hole that they will never be back to they wanted to share?
 
a guy I worked with - he told me (once he knew I was into the hobby) that his father pulled a full crate of muskets out of a river down south long ago - don't know if it was in that area - he said they were in good shape cause they were wrapped - was his fathers best find
 
I started this thread but didn't seem to get much interest so I thought Id'e back up my idea. I noticed from a thread that a fellow member was close to where I lived so I sent him a PM with info of a 1781 site that I had permission to hunt. I included the owners info, history of the site and any other info I could. I was surprised no one wanted to share site they have hunted and never will get back to. If anyone's in extreme Northern California near Point Arena, I can share the location to an old city dump that I pulled over a hundred very old bottles from and never got back to finish looking.
 
You might want to also post this in the California forum. :dontknow:
 
I've shared a few sites on the Illinois forums...but never heard word one back from anyone. 😞 One of them, in the Barrington area, was a site my Mentor and I pulled over 200 silvers out of. And that was with our old Blue Box Whites. We nicknamed it Carson City. 😂 I'm even now sharing another honey hole with a current TNet member. Guess I'm just not the "MineMineMine!" type. Oh, well.
 
Any good stories about Connecticut?
 
On the Canadian Detecting site many yrs ago I was PMing with a fellow from BC, as he lived 30 miles from where I told him there was a Ghost Town. The exact location where the board sidewalks were under water, and the layout of the town. We were probably the first to dig on the site as there was Case Gins Bottles, 3 piece molds, soda pops were still floating in the drainage ditches. Not even a thanks, or any feedback. I think he thought I wanted something in return or was BSing him. :dontknow:
 
i shared some in the states section. couple locations back home. this was kinda the issue i had with the 1000+ guest we have lurking in the shadows. we may never know if the sites ever panned out.
 
Not to sound like a whiner but if you have any in Virginia you would like to share I would be extremely grateful! I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom