sharing my latest rock creation

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my coworker asked if i would make a double hung heart pendant for his grand daughter for Christmas.

I dug around in my agates i have collected here in Washington state. I did everything to this from chiseling the stone from lava rocks to finding a pinch bails and destroying them with clippers and bending em around as i envisioned this heart pendant in my head.

free form heart and imagination creating my pride and joy.
the only thing i could not do myself was lazer weld the bails after cutting them, i didn't want to ruin the stone with the heat from my torch so i paid to have those welds done.

this is the slab i cut from one of the cowlitz river amethyst geode agates i cut and chose to make the heart from.

Last edited:

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super Nice Work!

Upvote 0

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work, impressive- you can be proud of your artistic skill/ craftsmanship. I think your co-workers granddaughter will be flush with joy for the heart from her grandfather. you did good.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well, i took this to work to get the deal completed. i did my part, he didnt buy it, he didnt even look at it.
He called me on the phone and said he went to the mall and got something else instead.

So, NEVER again will i do anything for him.

I posted it on my facebook, 5 minutes later (WELL THE NEXT MORNING ACTUALLY) it was sold for $150.

Upvote 0

Bajahunter

Mar 26, 2011
Not sure what he bought that would have been nicer than your one of a kind piece.
Maybe your coworker didn't appreciate it but the fact that you sold it so fast should tell you that it a very nice piece of jewelry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
phishisgroovin

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
showed him a photo on my phone the other night of the finished product, his jaws opened wide and he gasped.
I told him i spent many many hours making this perfect for his grand daughter and since he said he got something else, i posted it on my facebook and it sold immediately for $150. again he gasped for air.

Then he said wow, you made that!? for me?
I then said yes, but its gone now and i walked away. lol

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
showed him a photo on my phone the other night of the finished product, his jaws opened wide and he gasped.
I told him i spent many many hours making this perfect for his grand daughter and since he said he got something else, i posted it on my facebook and it sold immediately for $150. again he gasped for air.

Then he said wow, you made that!? for me?
I then said yes, but its gone now and i walked away. lol

LOL!! True justice.

By the way, that is some awesome craftmanship and thanks for sharing!

Frank

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread