Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you watch beach CAM at Clearwater beach, you will see MDers hunting at night (I'm talking 1-4am) in waist deep water!!! A fellow MDer told me the Law stopped them from going out at night but these "brave souls" continue to hunt at night!
Another MDer recently told me he was cornered by 2 bull sharks during the day at Clearwater and had to back away while keeping his detector and scoop between him and the sharks.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you watch beach CAM at Clearwater beach, you will see MDers hunting at night (I'm talking 1-4am) in waist deep water!!! A fellow MDer told me the Law stopped them from going out at night but these "brave souls" continue to hunt at night!
Another MDer recently told me he was cornered by 2 bull sharks during the day at Clearwater and had to back away while keeping his detector and scoop between him and the sharks.
I have entered the water at night up to waist deep a few times but not something I do regularly. I did it once after midnight years ago because I was being followed by 2 shady characters who would change directions when I did, after about 15 mins in the surf they moved on, it was before I started carrying my firearm when I detect.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't fall in the water at the marina....they'll shredd you !!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have these right off our coast, safer then sharks?

orca four.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan10079new.jpg
photo-694.JPG

I was a shark finner on a federally permitted long line shark boat for 20 +years. You would never go in the water if you new what I know !! Florida is absolutely swarming with sharks....this top predator has been protected for so long that the numbers are off the chart.....I know this because a large portion of the data collection occurred on our boat....we participated in just about every tagging, tracking, and tissue collection study that ever took place. Our boat was the top producing shark boat in the entire United States fleet for 10+years !! Last year a neighbor of ours was attacked in the canal by a bull shark while collecting lobster. Nearly lost his leg, and his life....if not for a quick tourniquet he would have bled to death. This incident was quickly hushed up and was bad for tourist business. I will not post the graphic photo of this young man's leg barley hanging on by a thread....its gross, and I don't think I would want others posting pics of me in such bad shape....just glad he survived and has his leg still !! Yesterday I battled 2 nurse sharks for a grouper we speared....one nearly got a piece of my calf, and twice I had to use the spear to keep them off my spear fishing client !! We eventually wrestled the fish away from the sharks and got out of there before the real sharks showed up. Then there was the video that I put on you tube of the large hammer head that my wife filmed on the way home from the islamorada sandbar !! Its my most viewed video on my YouTube channel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread