SHERRYs THREAD - My Gold Prospecting Journey

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff, that is badass. Period.

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Sherry. In response to your post to me on DD's thread, here is a couple of links on the LeTrap I have. Since I can't put a sluice in water here (Bazooka if I could) I went with a home made wood stand to surround the LeTrap. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy the metal stand. Anyways I learned a ton, was taught a lot, applied it all and it works GREAT! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/386088-finally-my-sluice-up-running-catching-gold.html http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/399522-letrap-high-banker-update-repost.html GL&HH Jeff

Thanks for the info Jeff!
thanks for the info Jeff!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, pump leathers are best like I said. I have Googled them but I personally just can't pay out that much money right now, thus my noted cheaper work-around. So, where did you get yours and what was the total with shipping? If you don't mind me asking...
I called around and got mine a few years ago at a local pump repair place and I think the price was only about two or three dollars at most at the time. I secured the cup to an expandable plumbers plug with a couple of large flat washers, a lock washer and a large wing nut then it was inserted into the end of the plunger. This allows you to adjust the leather as it expands with water absorbtion for a good seal and an easy stroke. It may come apart in use (mine did) so secure the rubber part of the plug inside the plunger tube.

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I just wanted to let you guys know the news about my health. My doctor called with my test results and he said the prognosis was not good…

He said that my Gold Fever was chronic and that at this time they have no cure for it. However, when the fever occurs I should be sure to quickly find a gold bearing river and dig to keep my strength up and then submerge myself often in the cool waters during the summer. He strongly suggested that I keep digging because if I take a break I will become tired and I need to find as much gold as possible as that mineral will help improve my spirits. He also suggested that I continue digging in the winter months however I must use some sort of fan to help cool the chronic fever, he suggested using a dry washer!

Please don't worry about me when I decide to go off to prospect alone, I'll be fine, just know that I hold all my friends and family dear to my heart please be aware and understand that... I WHOLEHEARTEDLY PRAY THAT THEY NEVER FIND A CURE FOR MY GOLD CRONIC!!!!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LoL ...too funny! Nice one.

OP
OP
Sideways Sherry

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's all fun and games until somebody get's hurt! ;-)

Sideways Sherry with Drywallman and Eastforklocal...

Attachments

• image-1503134124.png
    image-1503134124.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 105

Eastforklocal

Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol , hole jumpers .... Sigh, only bad part of east fork, do all the work move like 10 ft of overburden and come back to it cleaned out completely, Good time( shakes his fist to the sky)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that the new drop riffle at :39 ?

Eastforklocal

Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great trip to the east fork, looking forward to adventures on the American river more and more...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread