Shoe Buckle, Knee Buckle, KG, Fort/Meetinghouse found

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wrapped up my first year of detecting and got all of my finds together, photographed them, separated them into categories and moved em into my office. Ready to start a new collection of discoveries. I've been researching an early 1700s fort and meetinghouse that were very close together. After being confident that I had a pretty good idea of the location I packed up my stuff and headed out early this morning(in my ladies car)not in my Tahoe because I just blew the transmission :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: ok that's how I feel about that. What's another few grand :BangHead::BangHead: Anyway I got to this site after a short walk from a country road and walked down towards a river. It's a gorgeous place. Fired up my machine and my first signal was a low number and out popped a pewter button. Then a roundball. After a bit I walked toward the top of a hill and got a nice 80s signal. Out popped a shoe buckle, one of my favorite things to find. Then I had a strange signal and pulled out something that was obviously brass or copper with some iron on it. It turned out to be what i believe is my first knee buckle. The pics do it no justice as it's really nice looking. Few minutes later I dug an old copper, toasted kg. So all in all feeling pretty good about this place. Found all this In just a few hours. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about the transmission. I blew mine a couple months ago too. $2300 worth....
Great buckles and please hide that KG before Cjon sees it....he's a little self conscious about not finding one. I don't know why.....we remind him every day so he gets used to the idea, lol.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the transmission. I blew mine a couple months ago too. $2300 worth....
Great buckles and please hide that KG before Cjon sees it....he's a little self conscious about not finding one. I don't know why.....we remind him every day so he gets used to the idea, lol.

I'd be happy to send this one to him. Maybe he can sand it down lol

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buckles. If you could only find the other large one in the same shape how killer would that be.

I wonder if you could carefully pick off the rust with some needle nose pliers? Would look a heck of a lot better if you could do that before sealing it. Guessing there would be some risk to the iron guts, but one I'd likely take.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
You seem to be having a consistent year so far, consistently good!
Lots of older sites in your hunting area, you sir have potential!
Nice area with nice age, nice finds coming your way

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow, very nice buckles

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buckles. If you could only find the other large one in the same shape how killer would that be. I wonder if you could carefully pick off the rust with some needle nose pliers? Would look a heck of a lot better if you could do that before sealing it. Guessing there would be some risk to the iron guts, but one I'd likely take.
I'm going to try to knock some of that rust out of there. I'm fine with taking the risk. If it's not valuable I don't mind taking a shot.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to be having a consistent year so far, consistently good! Lots of older sites in your hunting area, you sir have potential! Nice area with nice age, nice finds coming your way
Thanks IH. I've figured out how to be more efficient and have gotten better with my machine. If the research is spot on I usually can get myself in a good spot pretty quickly. But now that I'm better with my machine I have a lot of sites I need to go back over

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all! Hopefully I get back there soon

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed over to Delaware this morning, Honda dealer, I'm putting a brand new 30 hp four stroke on the Treasureskiff, then I'm ready to come up with "toy & beast" I have been doing more research and found a very promising spot in the middle of the woods. Cellar holes and foundations, history that ties in with Ben Franklin. Biggest problem right now is these little bugs called, "chiggers" I was there yesterday and ran into the old owner who told me about the spots in the woods and the history, but when I left where I was detecting to walk to the area that he was talking about I discovered it was in an area that I needed to treat my clothes against these chiggers. All I need to do now is three last things, sell old outboard, take care of fallen tree in yard, and get a biopsy done next Monday. After that, my calender is free and I'm ready to hunt! I got two hits on the outboard this morning. I might even sit in a tree and stick me a deer for some fresh venison today at the end of the day.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a nice haul. The shoe buckle is sweet. GL&HH.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had time to check my book, there is an indentical hat buckle circa 1770.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Cru your spot on fast forward to 2:35 seconds on the video i never even knew hat buckles existed until i seen John Adams..

Jefferson is wearing what looks like a similar type buckle..Right in your time frame..

~Blaze

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had time to check my book, there is an indentical hat buckle circa 1770.
Cru any chance you could post a pic of it? I'd live to see it.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bummer about the truck! :BangHead:

:notworthy: But wonderful finds & you've just scratched the surface of that lovely spot! :icon_thumright: More goodies on the way for sure! :notworthy: Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread