Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out for an hour and a half after work last night. I hit mowed areas as far away from the farm house as possible since the lawn looked so nice.
I probably dug 200 holes around this place this past winter/spring, but must have done a great job restoring my holes :laughing7:

Anyway, I dug this 1939 Radio Orphan Annie decoder which appears to be in pretty nice condition, but I'm not sure that it is fully intact. Looks like it might have had a back plate? Any info on these is appreciated as I am mainly a colonial / early American digger.

Decoder Front.jpg Decoder Back.jpg

I also dug a large cent. As usual, I went from the euphoria of seeing it in the dirt, to the despair of realizing it was toast :dontknow:

LC Dirt.jpg 5-8-19 All.jpg

The reins guide rounded out my finds. Thanks for any looks, likes, and comments

UPDATE: Further research has answered my question. The Decoder Pin is only missing the steel pin that must have rusted away. I'll have to clean it better and see what my "Official Number" is :laughing7: :laughing7:
1939-roa-radio-orphan-annie-secret_1_7d1f5212f8370f3dba3c7775703a4e0b.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Way to go on some great finds! I'll take a slick matron head large cent. I currently have 0 US large cents of any kind haha. Way to go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread