Short Hunt with Dad = a couple of rings

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Had a chance to hunt with Dad today.... He is slowing down these days as he is getting closer to 82 yrs old.... Wish we had those days back from yesteryear, when we both would be out in the fields for 10 + hours and think nothing of not eating or drinking at all for the entire day... I miss those virgin areas from way back then... Silver dimes were a plenty... pockets of Wheaties, and Buffalo Nickels... An occasional Half Dollar or Silver Dollar was not so uncommon... I remember bringing home rings upon rings from local parks, and fair grounds, or our local beaches day after day.... I remember also one particular small beach that we did after 2 days we had over $75.00 in silver coins between my Dad and my Uncle.... Not so much anymore, unless we get a storm or heavy winds for a few days... Now we are lucky to get a single silver dime when we go back there... Times have changed... Anyway I got side tracked a bit... Got to the beach and out into the water I went... Got a few coins to start the day, and a small brass ring in the scoop... A few signals later and a Mercury Dime and a Roosevelt dime in the same scoop... Love getting two silvers at the same time.... Made my way down towards Dad, he had had enough for the day already and I had that low grunt again that had turned out so many times today to be brass junk... this time was different though, I scooped down and had it in the scoop and dumped it out at the waterline for both of us to see, BANG ! A 10 K Gold RING... a very nice way to end the day... of course I just had to recheck the hole one more time... No signals... We headed out for a perfect ending of a hunt... DSC_0011.JPG 10 K Ring.JPG

Upvote 0

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's is awesome that you and your dad can still go out metal detecting I can still remember the day I was 13 years old my dad brought home a metal detector fisher 1220 in 1983 we would find silver coins just about every trip not so much any more wonderful memory's thanks for post congrats on your finds

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the finds and hunting with your dad.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear you got out with your Dad today. A short time is better than no time! Congratulations on your cool finds!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Enjoyable post, Whydah!

Congrats on another terrific hunt; that is a very nice gold ring find:headbang:

Lorraine

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gold count has to be through the roof!:notworthy:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and great finds...congrats to you and your dad.

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OMG,I love that ring,not to mention your Priceless time with your DAD,WTG,,HH:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread