What's new

Shortage of Brinks boxes this week

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I knew this week would be relatively slow work-wise, so I ordered some boxes from my banks here in town (all different banks). None of them got their boxes. One said they might get them tomorrow (Wednesday is their normal delivery day). My other bank said the Brinks guy told her they were out.

I live in a big city, so I don't understand how they could be out. All my rejects alone should be circulating back to Brinks? Maybe someone ordered a huge amount and cleaned them out.

Anyone else ever see this in your town.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Some people (including myself) reported extremely good results last week (i found ~140 90% halves from two boxes). If it was general tendency people could order much more boxes for this week than normal.
 
fikys said:
Some people (including myself) reported extremely good results last week (i found ~140 90% halves from two boxes). If it was general tendency people could order much more boxes for this week than normal.

I don't think that is the cause fikys. While your results were fabulous, I believe that they are not the norm for most, especially where I am. I used to get great scores when I first started CRHing, but for the last month or so things have been sparse, and I was getting 12 or so boxes a week at times. Not as much as some but quite a large amount of halves I believe. I doubt you will routinely get scores like that, so enjoy them now while you can. Perhaps your area is somewhat "virgin" territory as far as CRHers go, or you just happened to find one of grandpa's coin collections that made its way to the local coin machine.

Maybe someone went all in and bought several thousand worth at one time here, but where I am I would assume that the local Brinks has tons of coins since they are the main game in town as far as bank coin couriers. If I had to estimate, I would say that 90% or more of the local banks use Brinks, and we are talking lots of banks.

One thought I had, which I have no evidence to back up, is that when we turn in our dumps they go to the fed and not Brinks' warehouse, and the halves Brinks uses come from the fed. So instead of Brinks simply reusing our dumps to re roll, perhaps they throw in the extra step of sending the dumps to the fed, then they have to order halves from the fed to roll when boxes are ordered??? If this would be true it would not correspond at all to what I believed took place as far as the cycle of dumps being reprocessed and rerolled. I am at a loss to explain this. I will see if my one bank gets them in tomorrow like they thought they would earlier this week.

Another bank I bought halves from uses a much smaller, mostly local company that runs out quite a bit, but I have never seen this with Brinks not delivering. So maybe there are more CRHers here than I thought, and I thought there were quite a few already.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
Maybe someone ordered a huge amount and cleaned them out.

Anyone else ever see this in your town.

Jim
Probably Cat J..........LOL

Actually, I have never had them tell me they couldn't get them. I'm working on a Brinks box right now, 2 Bens, 2 - 64's so far.
 
Silver_Fox said:
jim4silver said:
Maybe someone ordered a huge amount and cleaned them out.

Anyone else ever see this in your town.

Jim
Probably Cat J..........LOL

Actually, I have never had them tell me they couldn't get them. I'm working on a Brinks box right now, 2 Bens, 2 - 64's so far.

I don't think that local brinks has a lot of 50 cent coin boxes. Not may banks use them. I did several times get reply from my bank that they could not get boxes for me because someone ordered a lot. Normally this happened at the same time when there were complans on this forum as well. The types of boxes also changed since I started CRH a year ago. Now I get two different types of boxes from the same bank. They look differently and normally have very different success rate. One type is normally producing 5-10 silver coins per box on average while another 0-3. However, some times this second type can bring surprise (like last week) when two dream boxes where of type 2.
I think that one of the types is local and another probably comes from another location when local office can not send enough boxes. probably it is type 2 which comes from outside because my good results happened the same day as from another person on this forum.
I also know that there is at least one more hunter who orders boxes from the same bank and he is doing 10-15 boxes per week
 
I have not had 50c boxes for many months. They give me my $500 of halves every week in boxes for quarters.
 
Brinks in general it appears Jim has been getting hit up pretty hard w/ orders ... I opened a box a couple of weeks ago and a first glance it appeared to be
the motherload ....the coins had that silver look instead of clad ... ha well there were in wrong side out of $25.00 dollar wrappers and for the several weeks most of my boxes came that way , Ed
 
Scalper said:
Brinks in general it appears Jim has been getting hit up pretty hard w/ orders ... I opened a box a couple of weeks ago and a first glance it appeared to be
the motherload ....the coins had that silver look instead of clad ... ha well there were in wrong side out of $25.00 dollar wrappers and for the several weeks most of my boxes came that way , Ed


Ed,

Good to hear from you again! I was able to get 3 Brinks boxes today and they were crappy as usual. I got 4 -40%s out of them. Some may say that is good, but in the time it takes me to pick up, go thru and then dump them I am losing on the deal. I would come out ahead to just go to the coin store and buy some 90% and skip the CRHing madness. I am addicted but trying to quit. LOL!

Jim
 
I went to pick up 2 boxes today in Omaha and the tellers had no idea why the brinks guy didn't bring them, maybe its a midwestern thing?
 
jim4silver said:
Scalper said:
Brinks in general it appears Jim has been getting hit up pretty hard w/ orders ... I opened a box a couple of weeks ago and a first glance it appeared to be
the motherload ....the coins had that silver look instead of clad ... ha well there were in wrong side out of $25.00 dollar wrappers and for the several weeks most of my boxes came that way , Ed


Ed,

Good to hear from you again! I was able to get 3 Brinks boxes today and they were crappy as usual. I got 4 -40%s out of them. Some may say that is good, but in the time it takes me to pick up, go thru and then dump them I am losing on the deal. I would come out ahead to just go to the coin store and buy some 90% and skip the CRHing madness. I am addicted but trying to quit. LOL!

Jim




Yeah i agree u with Jim, I have been busy and kinda burnt on the crhing scene ... my boxes for the last month have dropped way off i was rocking for awhile i hauled in 2 64 and 6 40s and a 87 today all the keepers came from one box.... the only reason i do it is like the rush but prolly would give it up but my crhing parner is in to it.... when i get a chance i think that the handrolls from the banks i hit are piling up... i have had good results from those... anyways take care and good luck wth that addiction ha , Ed
 
As my bank is on my way home from work, it does not really cost me in gas, and only takes a moment to pick up my box, and then dump it off at another one. Even when I go through a dry spell, in the big picture (my yearly take) I wind up way ahead.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom