Shot down!

Indyrocks

Greenie
Feb 2, 2008
Indianapolis, IN USA
Detector(s) used
GTA 1000
Ka-Pow!
Hey I had to ask. I knew what the answer would be before I even pulled the trigger, but hey, if you don't ask you will never know. The good thing is that it shows that the Metal Detector Swinging Treasure Hunters out there have the class to ask for permission. It's all about respect.

-Scott

-------------
Dear Curator,
I am a local hobbyist treasure and historical relic hunter. I wanted to ask a few questions about the site and also see if it was ok for me to set up a time to come out and metal detect the grounds. First off, anything that I find of any historical value to the site, I would gladly give over to the site to preserve the relics historical value for the public. Secondly, do you happen to know if anyone has searched the site before? I am looking for new and exciting places to detect this spring and thought that if my hobby can give something back to history, I should pursue asking!

Thanks!
Scott

Dear Scott,

Thank you so much for this interesting email. It sounds to me as if you are having fun with this metal detector and are creative in its use. The President Benjamin Harrison Home is designated as a Historic Landmark at the highest level of importance. As such we fall under the responsibility of the State DNR, Historic Commission and also the National Trust. Because of this, we have strict guidelines for any searching that might be considered archaeological. Therefore, I am unable to grant this permission. Thank you for your interest in the Home and for your courtesy in seeking permission to work on the property.

All good wishes as you pursue your hobby,

Phyllis Geeslin

Executive Director
President Benjamin Harrison Home

Oklahunter

Jan 29, 2008
Choctaw, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Ace 250, Bullseye II
Indy, it's all right here:

"...and for your courtesy in seeking permission to work on the property."

It's too bad you can't hunt there, but we all thank you for nudging the level of respect we receive up just a little!

IndyXLT

Aug 1, 2009
I had to respond to your posting because I live just across the street from the Benjamin House.
About 10 years ago they were replacing the sidewalks in front of my apartment building. They had torn up all the concrete and had laid a sand bed. On Saturday when they were gone I checked about 30 feet of the bed right in front of the building and found a 1941 Mercury dime. It was just a little treasure but I didn't have to go very far to get it.

Rock On!!!

:headbang:

'XLT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread