Should I buy an Air Knife?

gwargasm

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gwargasm said:
I saw this ad on ebay:

Air Knife Compressed Air Excavation Tool | eBay

The starting bid is way low. Those things are worth $1,000 a pop new. I'm tempted. I can get through a ton of earth with this thing. It'll save me a lot of time. I just don't know if renting an air compressor is worth it.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

Yes you should buy it. I will then put up a air compressor on e-bey very cheap. Let me know when you buy it.

He's baaack:laughing7:

Why did OverkillOverkill change his name?...Im just glad hes back.

You should buy it, it will work well on the cell bars for weekend trips.

Most knives are sharp enough to cut air anyhow.....Right?

I saw this ad on ebay:

Air Knife Compressed Air Excavation Tool | eBay

The starting bid is way low. Those things are worth $1,000 a pop new. I'm tempted. I can get through a ton of earth with this thing. It'll save me a lot of time. I just don't know if renting an air compressor is worth it.

Anybody have any experience with these things?

Yes I have had experience with "these things" but what does that have to do with a air knife? I heard their is a cheap air compressor on e bay

wow 10 smart ass answers to a question, isn't there a comedy forum somewhere? :dontknow:

I would like to see a video of this thing in action. It sounds like the air actually loosens and moves the dirt. Great for working around utilities, but I bet it would blow that mercury dime across the street.

I've worked with big air tools all my life, and I bet you could make one with a length of steel pipe smashed to a slit, with a valve. It's hard to beat your hand tools for recovering treasure. Just the fuel to run a compressor that size for 8 hrs would run about 40 bucks, plus the rental......

Gold Maven said:
wow 10 smart ass answers to a question, isn't there a comedy forum somewhere? :dontknow:

I would like to see a video of this thing in action. It sounds like the air actually loosens and moves the dirt. Great for working around utilities, but I bet it would blow that mercury dime across the street.

I've worked with big air tools all my life, and I bet you could make one with a length of steel pipe smashed to a slit, with a valve. It's hard to beat your hand tools for recovering treasure. Just the fuel to run a compressor that size for 8 hrs would run about 40 bucks, plus the rental......

That part about blowing a mercury dime across the street was pretty funny. So that fits in with the rest of the replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back