should i buy the angus mackirk gold trap??

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
My son and I bought a Angus sluice, don't know what model it is, but it works well...

Attachments

• McKirk 001.JPG
    McKirk 001.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 392

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Foreman, I've only used it once and was pleased with its gold recovery. Panned the tailings and only found a few specks of gold.... Probably due to me setting the sluice at a bad angle.

The one thing I will say is that it plugs up FAST. You have to clean it out pretty often and it runs best if you classify down to 1/4".

I also have an Keene A52, this guy can take buckets and buckets of dirt! But the Angus is lighter and cleanout is too easy.

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AM's are great, once you get past the setup learning curve (they are not as forgiving as the carpet and mesh type sluices). I have a recon, scout and grubsteak and they all do well when set up properly. The riffles plug up after one bucket or so depending on how much black sand is in my material, but with the ease of clean out, it's no issue. They are lightweight and easy to pack into the creek. I classify down to a 1/16" when the creeks are low. It takes me more time to set up in the creek because you need to have the right water volume, water speed, angle for both top to bottom and side to side. When my favorite creek goes down to a trickle. it's not problem for the AM scout. When set up properly you will not loose much gold, but imo no sluice box gets 100% of the gold. One of my buddies has a Foreman and he only classifies to 1/2", but where he goes he has the water volume and speed to do so.
Vic

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i am close to buying the angus mckirk rocky mountain gold trap sluice box, and would like some reviews over the angus mckirk gold trap sluices, any advice???thanks to all who answer. :)

You've never said where you prospect and what kind of gold is prevelant (micron, flour, flake, etc.). That's relevent information if anybody is trying to recomend equipment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread