Show me the money!!

If you hit the mother of all finds, would you...

• Not change anything?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Say goodbye to treasure hunting?

• Use it for other purposes and continue hunting?

• Do nothing but treasure hunting?

• Buy PChammer a metal detector? ;)

• Total voters

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010
Ok, first of all, I am not into collecting and finding for the money, sure, we would all like to hit a find that would fill our wallets a bit, or a lot, BUT many, like me just love doing this sort of thing. That said, how many of you, IF you found something that could easily retire you, would give up hunting and collecting and either take up another hobby or just float around having fun in other ways?

My answer is simple, I would finally buy a metal detector, buy some acres of land, travel, and do some real searching for treasures, knowing I wouldn't have to do anything else for the most part. :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I would ever hit the mother lad. I would paid off my bills so I would not have to worry about any payment. I would then travel and do my thing. Treasure hunting and gold hunting. With fishing and hunting in between to hel with the food bill. I would travel where ever my truck will take me. Just think if you wanted to hunt today to could or you could do what ever you please. Man what a life that would be......Matt

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
first things first -- become debt free --second set up things to stay that way (already have) now get all your burial issues out of the way and wills and such (done)-- now that the "work" is done ---enjoy the rest of your life --do what "interest you" have fun -whatever you "call fun" --be it treasure hunting or just laying on a beach drinking rum and cokes while getting a back rub

actually "enjoy" life ---rather than just "enduring" it day after day.--like many "wage slaves" do --(non stop working like a mule till the day they drop dead)

many people live lifes full of quiet desperation , longing to be free to live the life they can only dream of.--due to the fiscal shackles placed upon them.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Actually, I am working on a couple of those.

I'm not going to worry about how to spend the money until after I get it. Finding is just the first step. Liquidating the find can take several years if you do it right. No need to increase your taxes beyond what they already are.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
It's an easy answer. I kept most of my gold and increased my prospecting to get a little bigger stock pile.
I'd do the same with treasure hunt. If I got a big find, I'd clean up the junky pieces and sell them and hunt a little more often.
Gold is one form of treasure hunting for me. Coin and relic hunting is a close second.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
first things first -- become debt free --second set up things to stay that way (already have) now get all your burial issues out of the way and wills and such (done)-- now that the "work" is done ---enjoy the rest of your life --do what "interest you" have fun -whatever you "call fun" --be it treasure hunting or just laying on a beach drinking rum and cokes while getting a back rub

actually "enjoy" life ---rather than just "enduring" it day after day.--like many "wage slaves" do --(non stop working like a mule till the day they drop dead)

many people live lifes full of quiet desperation , longing to be free to live the life they can only dream of.--due to the fiscal shackles placed upon them.

What he said! Take care of the business end first, then whatever feels right after that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread