63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well shoot, now that we are talking about pictures and I've not posted a group in a while here is a bunch, some if not all have been posted here before but not all at once, from a variety of trips and they are mostly self explanatory but, as a hint, the first one is not gold......63bkpkr 181_8139.JPG 181_8162.JPG 181_8170.JPG 181_8190.JPG 182_8221.JPG 182_8294.JPG 183_8304.JPG 183_8315.JPG 183_8326.JPG 183_8341.JPG 184_8417.JPG There is just nothing quite like 'being out there' whether in the mountains or the lower country.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOW thats what I'm talking about. Great to live vicariously in your pics posted. My knees are purt' near shot-3 ops/pt and a new one on order if I can healthy enough to live through the op. Speaking of which didn't ya have a op too(been ungodly sic as of late and memory a mite hazy),healing up ok? Absolute solitude for days on end,time to contemplate the profudities of life,no phone,no noise but natural,total relaxing atmosphere(as long as them shooters leave ya alone again right?)astounding tranquility and pristine visions abound. I get all warm and cozy, darn near, with your fantastic pics and stories--John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mellowyellow,
Why of course I'd love to see what a 1/2 ounce of your form of gold looks like and that is what this thread is all about, being tranquil while enjoying good things!! Lets see your pictures!!!!

Hey There John,
Sorry to hear you've another op scheduled for the knee!:sadsmiley: I've had two "great" op's on my left knee and its doing reasonably, for what I put it through/use it for. Now I've managed to make the right shoulder rotary cuff disturbed with me and we've not come to a conclusion about it yet. Went to the PT doc yesterday and he demonstrated a stress test for the RC, he managed to hurt me inflaming the RC and ruining the PT I'd been working on. Hence I am staying out of the mountains for now and only have historical picture memories to share. I enjoy getting out there to find box canyons with 200' waterfalls and pools under the falls with 18" to 24" long Native true Rainbow Trout. The best way to get into that one is to rapell in over the cliff and I've done that twice. Then of course finding another spot with a 500' waterfall that I've yet to make it to the bottom of the falls. I assume that as the water simply shoots out into the air and falls that when it reaches the bottom it is a mist and that would make for some huge plant growth. Someday I might go all the way back into that canyon to see but it is a spooky dark place and I would enjoy company other than my friend I carry in my left armpit. Now that you mention it, every now and then there are a few shooters. One group comes in every September and they have a real shoot um up. At another location way up river I came across a huge pile of fresh 9mm brass, I suspect someone had a full auto as there must have been many hundreds of rounds laying about. Then again the only trouble I've had in there has been from bears.

Good success with the op........63bkpkr/Herb

PS - that campfire picture is good for my soul every time I look at it!

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd LOVE to see a 1/2 oz-1/4 oz-or a gram anytime anyday and in every way. I am a addict and as such it's allll good to me.
B63 they can never take our pics,our memories shall fade,our bodies may give up the ghost too but I'll be sittn' in a rockn' chair in a old folks home mindless,decimated,torn asunder from all the years seeking plunder, but next to my drool cup my wretched gnarly ol'arthritic claw will be fondling a monster nugget,or two,and in my mind we shall be young again and discovering the amazing wonders mother nature has provided--and it will be good my friend. No matter how bad the ol'body gets I somehow think that monster bakpak a yours will just just get a little lighter as the years fly by and our bodies fail us,but you'll still be out there I believe when it all fades to black-RESPECT-John PS Now I wanna see that 1/2 oz-don't care ifn'it took 10 years as this thread is ALIVE I tell ya back from the dead---and it's good......

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Ok what if I told u it wasn't even a half oz and more like a quarter oz. hahahaha, just sounded better as a half oz... Dang

Ok gonna load a few pics tomorrow when I get
From work!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started backpacking, that would be in 1964, my pack was about 35 pounds for a weekend trip then I learned about the crazy creek camp chair, thermarest pads, increased the size of my first aid kit, bought a 454 casuall and the ammo to go with it, had bears steal my food so I carry a long length of 5/32" aircraft cable to keep the food safe, started prospecting, started going in for two weeks at a time, learned how to rapel down a cliff and where that would take me, bought a GPS unit, bought a SPOT Messenger, carry a backpacking cook stove, own a A52 sluice box, etc. so now the starting weight is 85 pounds. A lighter pack would be nice but................Regards, 63bkpkr

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a shot of MOST of my collection for my first season, missing a few grams from going out a couple more times after this pic was taken.
The fullest vial is now packed and filled right to the very tip top, more than half an ounce crammed in there now. :D

IMG_4685.jpg

mellowyellow

Sep 30, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Realllllly nice Neo!! Well done. Boy I wished I lived up by you boys up north. That is going to take me a very long time to build up a much as you have down here in SoCal. Very nice NEO!

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Wow Neo that looks like a great take no matter how long you've been at it,( but first season ) wow again . You get my vote for rookie of the year. I can feel your enthusiasm in your posts. Keep going kid, fun just watching you.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys and thanks for the rookie of the year vote. :D
Underwater sniping is crazy addicting and 99% of that was found just swimming around. ;)
I did have good luck cleaning bedrock and running the material through my bazooka.

All of that was found over 2 months going up 2 or 3 times a week for a couple hours at a time.

The great thing is that my wife loves to snipe too and about 2/5's of that gold is all hers but she has yet to find a nugget. :(
I am sure she will get her nugget(s) next year. :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what I'm talking about as get up offn' thy ever expanding butt-get out anywhere with anything and get ya sum some. Cool pics BUT get that gold outta glass as cannot tell ya how many times I've heard that ungodly klink and adios all over the place be it carpet,floor,creek side,parking lots etc whatever as insanity ensues instantly and them lamentations will reverberate expotentionally---John PS heat that silver colored one outside to see ifn' mercury coated gold or pt group,kinda dark for that BUT ya never know,then a tiny drop of nitric will reveal all the truth as pt group nuggets worth MUCH more than lousy gold....

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats the only chunk that I have sold so far, it was a platinum nugget.
I got $175 for it (Craigslist) and it was about 1.3g.

The glass is for display only, I never take glass out of the house because just like you said it is way too risky. :)

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Santa needs to bring you and your wife a hookah for Christmas, and look out next summer. You'll probably need a bigger box8-)

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that is a great idea. :D

I have been looking at them but I dont know which is the best to get that would be able to support two lines at once.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is a great idea. :D

I have been looking at them but I dont know which is the best to get that would be able to support two lines at once.
I have run two divers off a T-80,but there are variables....like if one diver is more out of shape and huffing more,or both are doing a considerable amount of labor.The 263 is built for two,but heavier too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread