What's new

Shut Out #1

coincrawlin

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
354
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know several here mentioned this happening to them in the past two weeks, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon for me. Just got informed today that one of my supply branches will no longer order boxes for me :(. Kinda strange since I hadn't even been there in at least two weeks, but they sure knew my name when I walked in today. I'm really hoping this is not a bank-wide policy, but we'll find out soon enough.
 
Upvote 0
OUCH!!!..I hope this isnt going to be a growing trend around my neck of the woods
 
Do they let you still order for dimes, pennies, nickels, etc? or is it just halves?
 
SFBayArea said:
Do they let you still order for dimes, pennies, nickels, etc? or is it just halves?

I've only ordered halves from this branch, so didn't think to ask about other denominations of coin. They did place one last order for me, so I will inquire why the "new policy" when I pick them up this week.
 
darn, that sucks...good luck on the last DREAM box they're ordering for u, and good luck on ordering other denominations as well! keep it up and hh!
 
Same thing happened to me. Question is now that this branch wont order me any boxes. What is the best method to transition this once "Pickup bank" to a new dump bank? Ideas?
 
All this going on at the same time has me wondering if the government is making a recall on all half dollars. If the fed is recalling them and yanking the silver, the next logical step would be for dimes as we all know that quarters are scarce as hens teeth.

Just some food for thought and to take it a step further, what about all the silver mint sets still out there. The Proof sets a couple of months ago I could buy @ 15 - 17 dollars, they are now well into the $20.00 dollar range and the Mint sets are going
for moon money on EBay. You can't find either at any coin shoppes in town, as soon as they come in they go out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom