Sidewalk Tear Out - Part 3!

Loomis

May 3, 2015
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same ol' sidewalk construction I've been hitting for the last two weeks now, it's almost like a second home. The local's root me on every day it seems lol. Finally all those "good luck"s panned out.

Ended up pulling >15 or so wheaties again but I've been so spoiled here I get mad when I dig those up. I've got at least 75 wheaties from this spot just soaking, no idea wtf im going to end up doing with them, i need to get some coin binder or something, it's getting a little ridiculous.

Anyway, check out the spoils -

Dat Detail...
IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0488.JPG

Last pic are local transit tokens, I really like the Syracuse one, I'm sure people find these all the time but they're still cool!

Upvote 24

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice indeed - hope you get another mile of tear out to hunt ! Do you have any competition out there ,or are you the only one
detecting this ?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on taking full advantage of the situation. :thumbsup: That barber quarter has got some meat on it. And that's a nice dime trifecta you pulled. I did purchase a bunch of coin folders for my digs. The only way it gets in the collection is if I dig it. It's a win to pull a keeper and a double win (win/win) if it fills an empty slot in the folders.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! Great silver!

Tear outs are great access to older coins!

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Loomis! You should pick up some coffee for those construction workers so that they tell you what town/project they are hitting next after your sidewalks. You could be their traveling groupie and reap the benefits...lol.

I did the same thing Loco, bought a binder and coin holders and only my digs get entered with date/location of find written on the holder. Its fun to see friends looking through to see what I have pulled out of sites they are familiar with and then I get the usual response.."really? you pulled these out of that park? I must have stepped over these a million times!"

:)

Happy Hunting and Good Luck!
-TwoYewts

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great bunch of Old & Silver Coins , Barbers are Great!
Davers

OP
OP
L

Loomis

May 3, 2015
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice indeed - hope you get another mile of tear out to hunt ! Do you have any competition out there ,or are you the only one
detecting this ?

Seems I am the only one, I don't blame them though, the area this all is happening at has had shootings, muggings, you name it!

Edit, Also just remembered some of these silvers aren't even coming out of under where the sidewalk was. They remove about 3-5 inches of dirt/grass from the grassy curb strip that is between the sidewalk and the curb, not sure what its actually called but im sure you get what im talking about. They remove enough of it so that these coins can be seen by my lowly Fisher F2 apparently!

If some Old timer with an etrac came through even without the construction im sure he could have seen a lot of the mercs and silver rosies without the construction, the V nick and the Barber Q were under the sidewalk though.

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always referred to those grass strips as "easements " they are decent places to detect because they are not private
property , people parking along them have dropped who knows what for generations .

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DR.LOOMIS I PRESUME. THE FINDS FROM THE TEAR OUT ARE REALLY COOL . THE SAINT MEDAL IS A NICE PEICE BY ITSELF ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE TO HAVE YOUR BACK. THATS SOME NICE COINS AND TOKENS TO COME OUT OF A SIDE WALK TEAR OUT.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Sidewalk tear outs are a dream for us all! Great to see you saved all that silver! :thumbsup:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super as usual.Those finds from that area are awesome. Must be a very old sidewalk being torn out.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sir, is an awesome tear out you have!!!! Keep up the good scores!!!!:occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice assortment of coins. Good try, sneaking in that dime trifecta and not even mentioning it. I see what you did there...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the side walk "clean-up". You have found some very nice silver thus far, keep the streak going.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It takes more than a little mugging and shooting to scare you off of a decent detecting site ! Got Kung Fu ? Well maybe
the Mother Mary medallion will be sufficient .

OP
OP
L

Loomis

May 3, 2015
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It takes more than a little mugging and shooting to scare you off of a decent detecting site ! Got Kung Fu ? Well maybe
the Mother Mary medallion will be sufficient .

Whatever it is, it's working! I went out there last night to see what new stuff they dug and only got a 1945 washington and a super toasted 1888 silver 10 ore norway dime, thought it was a button at first but it ended up being a coin when i rinsed it off. Not really pic worthy though.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a little moist, under the eyes on that Barber quarter. Wat to go!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, you are finding some great stuff. I too like the strip between the sidewalk and curb, have found quite a few silvers and other good coins there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread