gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hysterical that you would find a sign that says B-A in the water!! Around here everybody had a BA, short for bare a$$ and what we called our summer swimming holes. "whaddaya wanna do today, its hot! Let's go down to the BA and cool off." was a common conversation, and we'd grab our bicycles and pedal over to our spot on a creek, strip down and jump in, no swimsuits necessary.

Great sign, I do love the old porcelain signage!

OP
OP
DJV

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hysterical that you would find a sign that says B-A in the water!! Around here everybody had a BA, short for bare a$$ and what we called our summer swimming holes. "whaddaya wanna do today, its hot! Let's go down to the BA and cool off." was a common conversation, and we'd grab our bicycles and pedal over to our spot on a creek, strip down and jump in.
Hah! That's a much better use for the letters than "British - American"! Can't say I've ever heard of the ol' swimmin' hole referred to as a Bare A$$, but it's a great term.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://baprod.com/

B/A IS HERE TO HELP.
B/A Products Co. will remain open to support every first responder and driver still on our roadways working to counteract the COVID-19 crisis. We are thankful for your tireless contributions and are here to support you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions