Silver Civil War POCKET SPILL!!

U

umrgolf

I went out this morning around 10AM in search of a new campsite on this very large property I've been hunting the last three days. I decided to stop by the area where the Eagle "I" cuff came from yesterday, and very glad I did! I have found randomly dropped Civil War era coins, but never anything like this.......

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

I recently found a Civil War map of my region and there are Union tent lines shown on the exact property I've been hunting. There was quite a bit of activity here aside from the camps, but no battles. Roughly 15,000-20,000 men were around here the entire Civil War.

Upvote 0

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure that was some hefty bank back in the day! Is there some sort of website that lets you know how much money was worth back in the day compared to today? Now I'm going to stop everyone right now and say that I already know that a dime is ten cents just like today and a dollar is a dollar just like today. I guess what I'm asking is if you find twenty cents from the early 1900's it would be like losing 5 bucks today.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

toddsumm1 said:
I'm sure that was some hefty bank back in the day! Is there some sort of website that lets you know how much money was worth back in the day compared to today? Now I'm going to stop everyone right now and say that I already know that a dime is ten cents just like today and a dollar is a dollar just like today. I guess what I'm asking is if you find twenty cents from the early 1900's it would be like losing 5 bucks today.

was just reading about this a couple nights ago
enlisted union soldiers were being paid $13-$21 per month.. officers were $45-$114 per month if I remember right (all based on rank)

Their pay wasn't always on time, and in the latter part of the war there was much more paper $ floating around

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Ocalasix said:
Nice..tried to watch video but it came up private....congrats on the banner!!

thanks for letting me know.. changed it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread