What's new

Silver Civil War POCKET SPILL!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
I went out this morning around 10AM in search of a new campsite on this very large property I've been hunting the last three days. I decided to stop by the area where the Eagle "I" cuff came from yesterday, and very glad I did! I have found randomly dropped Civil War era coins, but never anything like this.......







IMG_0109.webp


IMG_0548.webp


IMG_0549.webp

I recently found a Civil War map of my region and there are Union tent lines shown on the exact property I've been hunting. There was quite a bit of activity here aside from the camps, but no battles. Roughly 15,000-20,000 men were around here the entire Civil War.
 
Upvote 0
Congrates on the Banner, well deserved. Out here in Denver, half-dimes are rare, 3-centers even harder to find. Finding what you found just don't happen, except in dream-land.
Kudos, mucho kudos!
Carl
 

Attachments

  • Fireworks01.webp
    Fireworks01.webp
    152.6 KB · Views: 2,522
  • Fireworks01.webp
    Fireworks01.webp
    152.6 KB · Views: 2,516
Wow, congrats on a phenomenal hunt! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Lovely coins. Your persistence sure paid off! :thumbsup: WTG on the Banner.

HH
 
Best looking 11 1/2 cent Iv'e seen! Congrats!
 
I hadn't voted for it but I'm glad you made it. I was on my way out the door when I saw this this morning and didn't have the chance to comment.
Cool!
 
Ann says.........3 Cent piece..."MINE".. :laughing9: :blob7: :notworthy:
 
Well done on the banner! What a great photo!! Well done!!! :hello2:
 
Great finds!

Congratulations on making the banner again.

HH,
CD
 
WTG & congrats on the banner......Well deserved!
 
Congratulations on making the BANNER with this amazing find man! :hello2:
Just think, you might never have found this if you stayed overseas eh! :D

Great finds man! :occasion14:

Dave
 
Looking GOOD up top partner :hello2:
 
Dude,this hunt blew me away. You cleaned house and I am glad that you saved some CW camp history. Best hunt I have seen in a long time. :notworthy:
 
Jeff that is amazing man good stuff! Way to pull them small silvers out of iron. Get back out and find a confederate button spill next :headbang:
 
The chain is indeed off of a nipple protector for a musket, and a nice worm/bore cleaner and another very Nice Eagle button.... more very nice finds...those guys left MANY goodies!
 
Love the button! I don't know what the 2 iron items are, sorry. Tennessee digger
 
Again, thank you all who have replied :icon_thumleft:

{Sentinel} said:
The chain is indeed off of a nipple protector for a musket, and a nice worm/bore cleaner and another very Nice Eagle button.... more very nice finds...those guys left MANY goodies!

thanks man, its down to the nitty-gritty out there right now diggin the big iron :tongue3:

tennessee digger said:
Love the button! I don't know what the 2 iron items are, sorry. Tennessee digger

No problem, Donnie.. The pictures aren't good enough to get a good look at them :laughing7:
 
great find.know you felt like a happy dance. enjoyed the video greatly .thanks for the post.
 
Very nice spill. :icon_thumleft:
 
NICE Spill.........
 
Awsome bud, I knew something else good would come out of that area, congrats!

I know your not done yet either :blob7:

Pete
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom