What's new

Silver Civil War POCKET SPILL!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter umrgolf
  • Start date Start date
U

umrgolf

Guest
I went out this morning around 10AM in search of a new campsite on this very large property I've been hunting the last three days. I decided to stop by the area where the Eagle "I" cuff came from yesterday, and very glad I did! I have found randomly dropped Civil War era coins, but never anything like this.......







IMG_0109.webp


IMG_0548.webp


IMG_0549.webp

I recently found a Civil War map of my region and there are Union tent lines shown on the exact property I've been hunting. There was quite a bit of activity here aside from the camps, but no battles. Roughly 15,000-20,000 men were around here the entire Civil War.
 
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: wow!!!! great save! I can't believe it. outstanding!!!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Best looking 18 cents worth of change I have ever seen!!!!!!! :headbang:

awesome stuff,,,,man

thanks for sharing this,,,,congrats on banner,,,,,

Wayne co.
IL.
 
artzstuff1 said:
Best looking 18 cents worth of change I have ever seen!!!!!!! :headbang:

awesome stuff,,,,man

thanks for sharing this,,,,congrats on banner,,,,,

Wayne co.
IL.

oops ,,hell I posted twice,,,!!!lol,,,,,MUST HAVE BEEN GOOD!!!!
 
Well done! That is a heart stopper. Keep it up J

Wes
 
I could feel the CW presences as you were digging those coins and relics, I've been in a slump of late but that video got my juices flowing again to get out and hit some of the 1850s sites here in Sacramento,no CW stuff here but all old history is exciting to unearth, congrats on the CW era spill and well put together video
 
:headbang: Congrats on your banner find. All that history in one hole, your spot at the top is well deserved. probably wouldve been a good day to buy a lottery ticket also :hello2:
 
A :icon_thumleft: able company :) Cavalry regiments had 12 companies. These companies were lettered in alphabetical order, with the letter "J" omitted. There has been much theorizing as to why the US Army has never had a J Company. Three out of twelve is a good run on kepi letters , 8)


dawg
 
OH WOW! :o What a day of hunting!! :icon_pirat:
Many congrats to ya!
Nana :)
 
cool! I found a 3 cent peice a few weeks ago. Nice finds!
 
You are a fine detectorist Jeff. To find those tiny pieces of silver takes a good bit of skill. Congrats on the Banner too bud. Well deserved.

Mike
 
Hello, :hello:

Outstanding man, I'm very happy for your !! :o :icon_thumleft:
Congratulations on everything !! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
 
Man, I know that was a fun hunt.

Congrats on the banner and all the finds.
 
Awesome silver cache along with the CW relics, congrats! HH, Mike
 
Great silvers !! congrats for the Banner . :icon_thumleft:
H
 
Wooo Hooo SUPER DUPER pocket spill find! CONGRATULATIONS on finding the silver and a well deserved BANNER find! :thumbsup: Breezie
 
That's the kind of pocket spill a dirt fisher dreams of! Very nice! Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more.

RR
 
:headbang:
Congrats on the banner pocket spill Jeff :icon_thumright:
I'm sure the coins meant a lot to the soldier--I would be stoked with a find like that!
Keith
 
Great vid and Congrats Jeff ! soldiers lost coins in camps everywhere . I have found them in my Yank outpost up here less than a hundred of miles away from the PA and Maryland battlefields :thumbsup:

dawg
 
Just realized that those coins may have represented a days pay in the union army, the poor guy lost it and now could not send money home to his family. Nice find anyway. Wouldn't it be nice to have a DNA makeup off those coins to see who was the last soldier to touch them?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom