What's new

Silver depth ?

neuseman

Full Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
202
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
What is the average depth that everyone finds most of their silver coins?
 
From 0 to 12 inches. Guess that averages out to 6. :icon_thumleft:
 
reply

What is the average depth that everyone finds most of their silver coins?

It depends. I've found seateds and reales 1/2" deep. Then again I've found clad a foot deep. Depends on the type soil, previous disturbance, aridness vs moisture, vegetation, etc.... At some park turf I do, the silver "starts" at 7" (so anything shallower than that I might elect to pass). But at other turfed parks silver starts as shallow as 3" (or even 1" if in the hard-pan at tree bases). So it just depends on the soil type, moisture, etc....
 
There are to many variables for there to be a number on it..I found a Merc last month on the surface,It was hard pan on the side of a house..Also on the same street at another house I dug zinc's at 7", probably due to having top soil added..I know it doesnt answer your question, sorry..

Scott
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom