What's new

Silver Dime Trifecta, Pig Jawbone, Three-Ringer Bullet?

Captn SE

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
2,774
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

My silver coin streak with the new SE Pro coil extends to 7 consecutive hunts. ::)

Today, I had about 4 hours to kill, so I headed to a park that I've been to many times before. In fact, it's the park I've found the most silver at this year so far. I'm always saying to myself, "I wonder if there's anything left?" And my machine usually tells me, "Yes there is!" ;D About 30 minutes into the hunt, I found my first dime of the trifecta, a '37 Merc. 10 minutes later, I dug the three-ringer bullet that was about 50 ft up the hillside. Anyone who can provide more info on this bullet I'd appreciate it. Maybe a .45-70 round, Indian War Era? ??? I don't usually find bullets like this around here. After coming off of the hillside, I dug my 2nd silver dime: An '06 O barber in very nice shape. Sweet!! What do you think? Maybe a $100 coin? Each letter of "LIBERTY" is visible on the wreath. It was right next to a chunk of nulling iron. ::) Just about that time, my buddy, Mike(ratman) arrived with his Dad. He proceeds to show me the '64 silver Rosie he found in the tot lot, and I show him my finds up to that point. I was moving down the slope about 50 yards from my barber dig, and noticed a jawbone with teeth protruding from the dirt. Looks like it had been there for some time. I was told by an expert that it is a Pig's jawbone. I picked it up and placed it in my pouch. That's something else I don't usually find on a detecting trip. ??? I finished the day with a '64 Rosie, which was on the dirt hillside to complete the Trifecta. So, all in all, a good day, with a couple of unexpected finds. One of the old pennies I dug turned out to be a 1921 Canadian cent. Is this the first year Canada made the smaller penny?

Thanks for looking!!
Good luck to all!!

CAPTN "SE PRO"
Dan
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2865_sm.webp
    IMG_2865_sm.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • barber_threeRinger_21Canadian.webp
    barber_threeRinger_21Canadian.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,200
  • IMG_2870_sm.webp
    IMG_2870_sm.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,284
Upvote 0
Nice Barber Dan!!

And yes, that is the first year for Canadian small cents...I have one just like it, Pretty cool!
 
what do you do to make your silver so bright? I never see silver look so shiny! congrats on the finds!
 
Sweet lookin' Barber!

Steve
 
Like Sampson in the bible who beat the philistines with a jaw bone of an ass, You beat the silver and only had a pigs jawbone! I got my Explorer about an hour ago and am dying to give her a whirl after seeing the killer barber ya got as well as those other dimes. The canadian penny is sweet too!
Awesome job


HH
Slipperyjack47
 
Nice find's :thumbsup: that Barber is sweettttttttt :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Whoa!!! Dan! That Barber is STUNNING!!!! :o

Congrats on those finds!!! Nana :wink:
 
WOW Dan! That Barber Dime is beautiful ~ it looks like you dug it out of someone's coin collection! LOL

That jaw bone is creepy ~ I LIKE IT!!!

You keep finding them treasures man ~ WOOHOOO!!!!!!

Neil
 
very nice barber dime dude! Congatulations on the silver and the pig jawbone find! :thumbsup:
 
Killer Barber dime. Beautiful shape. That would make my day.
Take care, Mike in NJ
 
Nice dime.Hope you find more. Wish i was in your area. Good Luck.
 
Thanks a bunch, everyone, for all the great replies!! The barber was definitely my best shape barber this year so far. I'll be shooting for my 200th silver coin of the year this week.

Take care, and Happy Hunting!!!

Keep The Passion High!!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 
That's a fantastic looking Barber dime Dan :thumbsup:, your other coins don't look bad either. Keep up the good work.

HH and thanks for sharing.
 
ICE ADDICT said:
Nice Barber Dan!!

And yes, that is the first year for Canadian small cents...I have one just like it, Pretty cool!

Too bad that wasn't a 1921 5 cent piece instead! That would have put a much 'bigger' smile on your face.. :O)

Cheers,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom