What's new

Silver dollar, Union Pacific Token finds.

black651

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
247
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some trouble sleeping the other day and decided to get a good and early start on my hunt. (I was scheduled to start work a few hours earlier than I normally would so that was another reason. Wanted to get at least a couple hours in.)

Went to my wooded area to look for more earlier finds and started to get some signals and was blown away when I dug the silver up! I was so happy and wanted to dig for more but the mosquitoes were literally eating me alive! The repellent I used seemed to be attracting them and I'm sure I was down at least a pint or two before I got out of there. I vowed to myself to get some decent stuff before going back. Stopped at a store on my way in and picked up some military repellent that I KNOW works well. :wink: Once out in the clear Isat and looked at that silver coin for a good while. It was down about 6 inches and I thought it was some junk at first due to the strength of the signal. Had some more time so I went to my dependable spot and started there. Dug up the decorative piece first and I think it dates to the 20's due to the Art Nouveau style to it. No idea what it was attached to originally. :dontknow: I got some deeper signals next and found the Union Pacific token and the ring next to each other at the same depth - about 7 inches. The ring appears to be a costume or trinket ring, not gold or anything - but the designs on it are pretty. I'm thinking it might be a bit older as well. It was very interesting to look up the history behind the token with it's 1934 World's Fair connection.

I overslept today and am not going to get as much time to hunt now. Dangit. Some is better than none! LOL

Thanks for reading!
 

Attachments

  • july 24.webp
    july 24.webp
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,335
  • morgan dollar - A.webp
    morgan dollar - A.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,325
  • morgan dollar - B.webp
    morgan dollar - B.webp
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,296
  • union lucky 1.webp
    union lucky 1.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,291
  • union lucky 2.webp
    union lucky 2.webp
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • july 24 ring.webp
    july 24 ring.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • july 24 ring B.webp
    july 24 ring B.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • dug decoration 2.webp
    dug decoration 2.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,256
  • dug decoration 3.webp
    dug decoration 3.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,235
Upvote 0
The Morgan is great but that U.P. token is awesome. :headbang: :headbang: Huge congrats. :thumbsup:
 
Black , You are killing me man ! Your finds this summer have really been remarkable !
A Morgan dollar is not a common find ! you could detect hard for twenty years and NOT find
one of those !!! (or any silver dollar for that matter) It's beginning to be clear to me , that
you are supposed to be working less and metal detecting more ! I think you are going to find
a cache or something . Argentium.
 
You got yourself some damn good finds there!!! great job!!!!!! ;D :o
 
Now your racking up the good stuff :icon_thumleft: nice dollar and token Dd60
 
I dug up the same token..

Dug it up a year ago way out here in the middle of Calif's Mojave Desert. I donated it to the railroad display section of the Trona Museum. I believ the aluminum tokens were only given away during 1934.
 
man if there was a rookie of the year award for metal detecting you"d win hands down! :headbang:
my lord that morgan is an awesome find!
great hunting and may more luck be with ya! :thumbsup:
 
lumpsums said:
man if there was a rookie of the year award for metal detecting you"d win hands down! :headbang:
my lord that morgan is an awesome find!
great hunting and may more luck be with ya! :thumbsup:

I agree with that, great finds!
 
mr black you are going zen with that 505 a barber silver dollar most cool of all cools im smilling for you great find
 
Love the old union Pacific Token you found :thumbsup: The one dollar piece is on my list too......Nice hunt you had :headbang:
 
Nice finds!! It's a thrill finding silver dollars! I also found the same Union Pacific token when I was a kid sometime in the 70's,(I think mine was dated 1931).
 
Great looking finds black651, you really have been having some great luck lately :icon_thumright:
I think that the "decorative piece" looks like it might have been either part of an iron stove or possibly a cash register.
 
I pulled an identical token from an old WW2 workers housing area. Yours is in better shape though. Congrats on a great hunt. I have yet to pull a Morgan. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu
 
WOAH!!! nice SILVER DOLLAR!!!!
 
Great finds. I've actually found a Morgan Dollar, but would love to find a token like the Union Pacific you found.
 
Great finds, all Black! Nice $, really nice Union Pacific token.
 
Thats a great find Black,,, for sure!!!!,,, :headbang:,,, I have been detecting since 1973 off and on and have never dug a morgan dollar!!!

Great find and hope ya have many more ,,,

Thanks for sharing ,,,


arthur
 
Absolutely astonishing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom