What's new

Silver dollar, Union Pacific Token finds.

black651

Full Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
247
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some trouble sleeping the other day and decided to get a good and early start on my hunt. (I was scheduled to start work a few hours earlier than I normally would so that was another reason. Wanted to get at least a couple hours in.)

Went to my wooded area to look for more earlier finds and started to get some signals and was blown away when I dug the silver up! I was so happy and wanted to dig for more but the mosquitoes were literally eating me alive! The repellent I used seemed to be attracting them and I'm sure I was down at least a pint or two before I got out of there. I vowed to myself to get some decent stuff before going back. Stopped at a store on my way in and picked up some military repellent that I KNOW works well. :wink: Once out in the clear Isat and looked at that silver coin for a good while. It was down about 6 inches and I thought it was some junk at first due to the strength of the signal. Had some more time so I went to my dependable spot and started there. Dug up the decorative piece first and I think it dates to the 20's due to the Art Nouveau style to it. No idea what it was attached to originally. :dontknow: I got some deeper signals next and found the Union Pacific token and the ring next to each other at the same depth - about 7 inches. The ring appears to be a costume or trinket ring, not gold or anything - but the designs on it are pretty. I'm thinking it might be a bit older as well. It was very interesting to look up the history behind the token with it's 1934 World's Fair connection.

I overslept today and am not going to get as much time to hunt now. Dangit. Some is better than none! LOL

Thanks for reading!
 

Attachments

  • july 24.webp
    july 24.webp
    204.4 KB · Views: 1,335
  • morgan dollar - A.webp
    morgan dollar - A.webp
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,325
  • morgan dollar - B.webp
    morgan dollar - B.webp
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,296
  • union lucky 1.webp
    union lucky 1.webp
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,291
  • union lucky 2.webp
    union lucky 2.webp
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • july 24 ring.webp
    july 24 ring.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,272
  • july 24 ring B.webp
    july 24 ring B.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,254
  • dug decoration 2.webp
    dug decoration 2.webp
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,256
  • dug decoration 3.webp
    dug decoration 3.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,235
Upvote 0
Great Find MN

That token is very interesting. Didn't know aluminum was used that early in trains. What we don't learn detecting.
That dollar is a special coin too. Not many of those found MDing.

SKD
 
Very nice job on the token and the silver morgan dollar! :thumbsup:
 
WOW!!! AWESOME!!!!! I am stoked for you!! whooo hooo!
 
Man, you're really tearing it up!!!
 
Thanks all for the wonderful comments!! :) I don't think I'll top that day's finds for a very long time. I'll keep hunting though! :wink:
 
30 boucks worth in silver :notworthy:
 
I guess those tokens aren't that uncommon then. My wife dug one up a few months ago over here. I still have yet to find a silver dollar, very nice.
 
still waiting for my first morgan
 
Great finds... Congrats, I wish I had your drive to be out there that much. I just can't get myself to brave the
heat, or get up that early ;D
 
black651 said:
Thanks all for the wonderful comments!! :) I don't think I'll top that day's finds for a very long time. I'll keep hunting though! :wink:
till u go out and dig a gold coin tomarow ;D nice frigging hunt!!!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom