Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got up early yesterday with every intent of finding Silver. I took a picture from my window of the clouds that were hanging over The World Trade Center. I knew that just one Silver Coin would brighten my day no matter what the weather was like.
I hopped on the bus with gear in hand, to go pick up my Motorcycle. It needed a new engine sensor, and horn switch. These modern day bikes are all electronically controlled so I left it to my mechanic to get me back on the road. After a few Happy New Years, I was back on the road and headed North.
I had a spot in mind that gave up a few Mercury dimes earlier this year. The area I searched then was actually the perimeter of a hill. The hill itself, was next to impossible to search due to heavy brush and weed growth. Although we have been blessed with some mild weather, the night time temps are just cold enough to kill off the weeds and let the brush die down.
Within an hour of starting my search, I was texting a few of my hunting buddies about a 1913 Barber Dime that I had just recovered. About 15 minutes later, another flurry of texts went out. My Barber dime had just been joined by a 1943d Mercury Dime. The Silver Drought was finally over. I had just gone through a 14 hunt period without finding a silver coin. I know that for some , including me, that isn't a long time to go without silver but this year has been my best silver year ever. Research and a little more practice with the E-Trac is responsible for that. Before the hunt was over, I recovered a 1935 Mercury Dime that is in incredible condition. If this spot was hit before, whoever is hunting it, totally ignored the penny signals because I also recovered 15 Wheat Pennies. My Total Silver Coin Recoveries for 2015 ended up reaching 158 Coins.
I am one grateful and happy camper.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
IMG_2691.JPG IMG_2692.JPG IMG_2689.JPG IMG_2690.JPG IMG_2695.JPG IMG_2694.JPG

Upvote 17

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good score on the silvers....there should be some more at that site...hit it hard.

Regards + HH

Bill

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you closed 2015 with a bang ATW. 158 silvers in a year is simply amazing. :occasion14: You did way better than me yesterday. I originally wanted to go out with a bang. There is a house in town built in 1850. It's currently a vacant rental. I drove 6 miles out of town to secure the permission, but no one answered the door.:BangHead: I ended up hitting a few curb strips, an old hunted out permission, and went back to the practice field. Nothing great, no old coins, but I did pull 3 cool relics.

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello against the wind. Very nice way to end 2015...I would be heap-plenty happy with an outing like that anytime. Good Luck in 2016. C9

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! I have only found a barber half the dime is still out there for me..
Kyle-

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I love it when a drought ends.
Maybe this is a harbinger of more silver to come in 2016.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I love it when a drought ends. I think I may hold a world record on a silver drought. I was really happy when I finally just made it with a '64 Rosie.
Maybe this is a harbinger of more silver to come in 2016.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man what a way to end the year... now this is a beautiful pic for an avatar! :occasion14:

Best of luck to you in the spring bud,
Dave

Attachments

• Silvers-crop.JPG
    Silvers-crop.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 186

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i've never worked so hard for silver as I had last year. Ended up with 35 silver coins. With as much work it should have been 50 or more. Last day last year, I found a silver Rosy and a War nickel on top of the ground and I had been wishing to find a war nickel all year. That Barber dime looks a lot like the ones I find. I have an 1895 one that is worn flat and you have to look closely to see a date.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. I know how those droughts can sometimes be. Hit the park today and got no silver. Did get 7 Indians, a V nickel and shield nickel.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job brother 158 silvers that's just awesome, I wish yah the best for 2016...

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flurry at the end of 2015 ATW. Great job on your silver totals.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice ending to the season for you, congrats on the years totals, and all the best for the /16 season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread