What's new

Silver end to a frustrating day

goldbill

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
whites v3 deus v4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. First off I know I don't post very often. Typing is hard for me,, posting pics a nightmare but I have visited this site almost every day for the last four years and this site and all you guys and gals are keeping a lot of us alive. Especially up here in the frosen north looking out at 2 to 3 feet of snow with more in the forcast. THANKYOU ALL Three or four years ago I started coin roll hunting (thanks to this site) and managed to secure the "rights" to the half bags from the bank I do business with. the first two bags were really good but as more banks in the area installed coin machines the production of full bags of half's dropped off .I've been waiting for 15 months for a bag to fill. All the time trying to keep a relationship with the bag teller without making a pain out of myself. This past Friday I was in the bank and noticed my favorite teller was missing. I asked the teller helping me "Is John (not real name) off today?" Yes he's on vacation. "So who gets the machine duty while he's gone?" I do "That is quite a job huh , you notice the half's never fill up?" And then she said!!!!! "Oh a guy came in yesterday with 1000 dollars of half's and ran them through the machine." " Really" I said" so what happened to the full bag?" "We have to ship those out to the mint." Needless to say my heart sank to the floor , the teller was unaware of our arrangement and the long anticipated bag was gone. MURPHY' LAW at work... Leaving the bank I decided to buy some rolls and flip two other machines where I have the same arrangement. Upon entering one of my favorite branches to buy rolls two tellers said "Do we have something for you." One had three rolls and the other had 35 rolls . As they are gathering these together I thought O My that one has silver showing on the end!! Not only silver on both ends but all the way through! A full roll of forty percenters , the day is getting better. In the rest of the rolls where six more forty's and a 1970 my first. I had just about given up on crh due to all the resent interest in my area. With the rest of my coins I flipped the other two machines and was rewarded with the rest that are in the pics. At the very bottom of one of these bags was a very strange coin. My heart skipped a couple when I saw this hammered Romain coin ( I think) After looking at the reverse I spied that dreaded word COPY Oh well not a bad end to the day for sure now to get some warmer weather to be able to swing the detector again.......Hope this isn't too long . Happy hunting all Goldbill P.S. I have this posted in todays finds also .
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0152.webp
    DSCF0152.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF0153.webp
    DSCF0153.webp
    23 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCF0154.webp
    DSCF0154.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 359
  • DSCF0155.webp
    DSCF0155.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCF0152.webp
    DSCF0152.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCF0153.webp
    DSCF0153.webp
    23 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCF0154.webp
    DSCF0154.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 348
  • DSCF0155.webp
    DSCF0155.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0
Very nice! What's the total take? :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
 
BuffaloBoy said:
Very nice! What's the total take? :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
Four 90% fortyfive 40% one token or whatever (copy) and the 1970d. I'm real happy this is my best day for sure..
 
Wonderful little collection there to add to the rest. When I'm waiting for a bag off of the machine, I will usually ask the machine teller what the total is and if it's anywhere near close (within $100 or so, or more if I'm desperate.) I'll finish filling it myself rather than miss the chance and find it gone. You might want to try this idea next time. : )
 
Nice score of silver halves. Sure takes the misery of all that snow out of your mind.
It's out there!...silver, I mean.
all the best
rileyboy
 
frankiefry said:
Wonderful little collection there to add to the rest. When I'm waiting for a bag off of the machine, I will usually ask the machine teller what the total is and if it's anywhere near close (within $100 or so, or more if I'm desperate.) I'll finish filling it myself rather than miss the chance and find it gone. You might want to try this idea next time. : )
Thanks for the suggestion / I do that but for some reason this bank will not tell me the amounts' (SOME BIG BANK SECRET ). The only person I an upset with is myself.... I let that bag go way to long and I should have flipped it !! I guess I learn the hard way ! Goldbill
 
P.S. I have this posted in todays finds also .


Why? So more people will CRH and make it more difficult for you to find any silver? Good idea...
 
wcmiii said:
frankiefry said:
Wonderful little collection there to add to the rest. When I'm waiting for a bag off of the machine, I will usually ask the machine teller what the total is and if it's anywhere near close (within $100 or so, or more if I'm desperate.) I'll finish filling it myself rather than miss the chance and find it gone. You might want to try this idea next time. : )
Thanks for the suggestion / I do that but for some reason this bank will not tell me the amounts' (SOME BIG BANK SECRET ). The only person I an upset with is myself.... I let that bag go way to long and I should have flipped it !! I guess I learn the hard way ! Goldbill

Some banks are that way. For whatever reason, they won't tell you how much is in the machine. Many tellers will even lie and say they "have no way of knowing." I think its just pure laziness for the most part. The amount of each type coin in the machine is recorded daily in a ledger, and the machine keeps a running total as well. All they have to do is flip through a couple of pages or press a few buttons on the machine.
 
That sure was a great way to end the day....Matt
 
If it makes you feel any better the guy that brought in $1,000 in halves was prolly dumping at your bank.
 
darn thats too bad about the bag...but AMAZING SCORE on all that silver!!!!! wow!!!! amazing!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom