What's new

Silver figure found metal detecting 1715 fleet location? Very odd

Martinm1

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2021
Messages
84
Reaction score
409
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1000001091.webp
1000001087.webp
found this metal detecting on the beach in vero beach florida. No idea what it is but on my nox 800 it was ringing up like silver and looks like silver. I'm having a hard time cleaning it. Does anyone have any ideas what this is and might have been used for???? Its the strangest find I've ever dug on a beach for sure
 

Attachments

  • 20250906_163153.webp
    20250906_163153.webp
    544.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20250906_174930.webp
    IMG_20250906_174930.webp
    195.6 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 16
Its ok because now I'll have the right luck to find all those missing gold coins from the 1715 fleet lol
Also keep an eye out for these Hindu idols. They're tossing them near you and they sometimes come in silver, here are some I have in silver:
Sai Baba, Ganesha, and Lakshmi:
The first two are hollow, stamped "T100" (the purity stamp for silver in India) the last one is solid silver.
Screenshot_20250909-170759_Gallery.webp
 
Also keep an eye out for these Hindu idols. They're tossing them near you and they sometimes come in silver, here are some I have in silver:
Sai Baba, Ganesha, and Lakshmi:
The first two are hollow, stamped "T100" (the purity stamp for silver in India) the last one is solid silver.
View attachment 2224481
They are throwing this stuff in the ocean around vero beach?
 
I want to personally welcome all devout Hindus to worship here in San Diego! We have dozens of beaches for your enjoyment to use as a depository for whatever votive you would like to donate! :tongue3:
 
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's a modern statuette of the diety Ganesha, the Hindu god of wisdom and prosperity. It is traditional for Hindus to throw statuettes of this deity into the water. They are often made of brass, nickle silver, or zinc often attached to a wooden base by a threaded rod. Yours is probably a zinc alloy which is why it looks much older than it is, the salt water having chewed it up. But heck, maybe you're blessed now.
View attachment 2224353
Agreed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom