What's new

Silver From The Sierra's

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,899
Reaction score
47,545
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My plan was to go water detecting in Tahoe today, but it was a bit chilly this morning and didn't get very warm there on the weekend, so I decided on a terra hunt instead.
I went to a little Sierra mountains town that has railroad tracks going through it. The tracks are old and haven't been used in many years. Last year I found a Walking Liberty half there.
It was much more overgrown along the tracks than it was last year, but I still managed to score an old silver.

IMG_9353.webp


I can't make out the date, but it looks like a type 2 to me, which would be 1917-1924 I think.
Also found three railroad track smashed pennies, a harmonica reed, a 60s or 70s Ford key, part of a tootsie toy, and a whatzit.

IMG_9354.webp
 
Upvote 19
That’s like three slq found this week ,me 1930 ,yours and one other WOW GREAT FIND
 
A lot of Standing Liberty Quarters have been popping up Lately NICE GOING !!!
 
Congratulations on your success
Thanks again for sharing
 
My plan was to go water detecting in Tahoe today, but it was a bit chilly this morning and didn't get very warm there on the weekend, so I decided on a terra hunt instead.
I went to a little Sierra mountains town that has railroad tracks going through it. The tracks are old and haven't been used in many years. Last year I found a Walking Liberty half there.
It was much more overgrown along the tracks than it was last year, but I still managed to score an old silver.

View attachment 2212890

I can't make out the date, but it looks like a type 2 to me, which would be 1917-1924 I think.
Also found three railroad track smashed pennies, a harmonica reed, a 60s or 70s Ford key, part of a tootsie toy, and a whatzit.

View attachment 2212891
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom