What's new

Silver from Tip bowl

TreasureCatto

Bronze Member
Joined
May 27, 2018
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
3,516
Golden Thread
0
Location
somewhere lurking around your local Coinstar
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter, 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, My eyes and ears
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Meant to post this yesterday evening, but took some time switching fully to wireless internet.


Visited the local Traders Village with my mom on mother’s day. After a few minutes waiting in line at a vendors rock/stone shop I spot an unusually silver colored dime face down in the cashiers large tip bowl. I had plenty of change in my pocket and pulled out a dime to take a chance. During my transaction purchasing pyrite and and a few foreign coins, I ask if I may trade my dime with another dime in the tip bowl. She didn’t have much care and let me make the switch. Afterwards, I thanked her and said HAGD:). It’s like she let me totally get away with it. Leaving the store I took a look at the date and a 60 at the end looked back at me. Totally made my day. It’s my first silver find of 2020.
41B4A9C9-BD9D-46A6-8A61-79A2DE209EDD.webp

Thanks for looking! HH! :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 32
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
I would have been a little leary even if I didnt know coins like why would someone want to do that lol Funny find but there it is
 
Nice FIND!!! A few years ago I did the same thing with a ugly dirty nickel in a registers coin draw that turned out to be a War Nickel!!!
 
I would have been a little leary even if I didnt know coins like why would someone want to do that lol Funny find but there it is
True, most people would've looked at me in suspicion:eek:. It was just me in the store at the time of exchange. She sold coins as well maybe she was tolerant when there are questions asked involving coins. She didn't say much afterwards. It was also my first time in the store.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom