What's new

Silver & Gold

Crusty Shellback

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2014
Messages
284
Reaction score
396
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out yesterday and found a small sterling silver locket and a gold ring. The ring was in a few inches of salt water. Stamped A&Z 10K. The ring has a gap where I would think it would be one piece. I'm wondering if gold rings are somehow soldered together and this one has been in the salt water long enough for the solder material to have corroded away. Dis similar metals together in saltwater and all. I have no idea how gold rings are made but never seen one with a gap like this. Thanks for looking. locket ring.webpring.webp
 
Upvote 28
Your absolutely right. That is where the ring was soldered together. Huge congrats on some nice pirate booty! Silver and gold.....two of my favorite words! Thanks for sharing.
 
OK, it makes sense thanks!
 
Congratualtions on the silver and gold finds! :occasion14: The small locket is a very nice piece.
 
Thank you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom