What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
As of the morning of December 30, 2025, the daily trading volume for silver futures on the COMEX was approximately 3,142 contracts. Trading is ongoing throughout the day.
5000 oz.X 3142=15,710,000 ounces of silver

It really has impacted the price of silver (tongue in cheek)
From yesterday's low of $70.94 it's recovered back to $ 76.48.
A relative had a FOMO and liquidated 200 ounces yesterday. Nice profit, but a bit early.
View attachment 2239021
Your relative really messed up is more like it... WAY pre-mature selling... and lost potential...
Thought you would have taken enough notes as to know that selling now would be the worst decision...
Why did you not advise ?
 
Your relative really messed up is more like it... WAY pre-mature selling... and lost potential...
Thought you would have taken enough notes as to know that selling now would be the worst decision...
Why did you not advise ?
1st off: I'm nobody's keeper especially when it comes to their financial decisions in life.

He bought the 2 bars in 2020 and made $15K profit. on the sell.
He used the funds to pay the extra payments to write down his Mortgage.
He'll be mortgage free probably while still being in his 30's.

The family is working stock, not the sucking stock. (Hope that one makes sense)
So did he "Mess up" probably a bit premature in the sell, though it's a win-win for the young guy.
 
What in the silver vaults?
The audit as of Dec.25.2025 shows how KG bars of silver are in the 4 major holding centres.
I'm kind of thinking this has been building for quite a while.
1,153,967.30 KG of silver bars
Then again this seems quite small compared to the London vault storage of 27,187,000Kg
JPMorgon hoardings of 23,327,000 kg
 
Your relative really messed up is more like it... WAY pre-mature selling... and lost potential...
Thought you would have taken enough notes as to know that selling now would be the worst decision...
Why did you not advise ?
Yeah, he did sell premature. But as the saying goes, You Can Lead A Horse To Water... If he waited until today, he could have picked up an additional $800 - $1,000, but he did make a $15K profit on the deal, so not too shabby for the young guy.

I previously posted that the price would drop on Monday but would start rebounding. Looks like yesterday's low was $71.85 at 0935, currently at $77.05, so looks like the rebound has started. Probably will do its up and down dance throughout the day, but the trend is heading in the right direction.
 
Yeah, he did sell premature. But as the saying goes, You Can Lead A Horse To Water... If he waited until today, he could have picked up an additional $800 - $1,000, but he did make a $15K profit on the deal, so not too shabby for the young guy.

I previously posted that the price would drop on Monday but would start rebounding. Looks like yesterday's low was $71.85 at 0935, currently at $77.05, so looks like the rebound has started. Probably will do its up and down dance throughout the day, but the trend is heading in the right direction.
Yeah he could have made more but hey 15k is a lot to a young guy. Dumping that much on a mortgage at a young age saves a lot if payments at the other end. He did well. I'm sure we all look back at things and see what could have been. Better to look at it as made a $15k profit which is pretty good.
 
Yeah he could have made more but hey 15k is a lot to a young guy. Dumping that much on a mortgage at a young age saves a lot if payments at the other end. He did well. I'm sure we all look back at things and see what could have been. Better to look at it as made a $15k profit which is pretty good.
Shoot, $15K is also a lot to us old guys, lol.
 
Never bought silver....except some jewelry for gifts.....the price changes mean nothing to me except a bigger smile !! You see old black Bart lives by simple rules !! Im a treasure hunter !! I find myself silver....although I will except silver in trades and as payment if the deal favors me. Silver is second place, and gold is my primary search. I dont even post silver to much because most is cheap blackened trinkets of lower craftsmanship.....once in a while ill post something nice made of silver. What ever the price is im still not buying any when I can find a couple pounds each summer !! This year I found a little less than usual, but still almost a large jar full....I haven't weighed it, and it'll get melted to bar and stashed away for emergencies or whenever I want. The only relavent price of silver is when you decide to use it and trade or sell. This way my silver is always profitable.....I find it free of charge....just fuel and lunch....which i would have spent anyway. No records, no premiums, no shipping fees !! Just my free silver !!
20251230_114541.webp

If I dig though my truck, and boat, and pull all the other loose silver i might fill her to the top. Im just gonna keep stacking the silver in jars and bars !! Seems simple this way.
 
Today i got gold in ten minutes and left on the high note.....a ten minute hunt !! Get up early....make a quick check....and quit in time for breakfast !!
20251230_121703.webp

What a year....kinda started slow, and then crept right up there with other summer seasons.
 
Today i got gold in ten minutes and left on the high note.....a ten minute hunt !! Get up early....make a quick check....and quit in time for breakfast !! View attachment 2239061
What a year....kinda started slow, and then crept right up there with other summer seasons.
Just imagine how much you could get if you knew how to detect. :hello: :laughing7:
Let your next season begin Buddy, with multiple golden treasures.
 
Yeah he could have made more but hey 15k is a lot to a young guy. Dumping that much on a mortgage at a young age saves a lot if payments at the other end. He did well. I'm sure we all look back at things and see what could have been. Better to look at it as made a $15k profit which is pretty good.
If I only had a nickel for every coulda-woulda-shoulda moment in my life, lol.
 
Never bought silver....except some jewelry for gifts.....the price changes mean nothing to me except a bigger smile !! You see old black Bart lives by simple rules !! Im a treasure hunter !! I find myself silver....although I will except silver in trades and as payment if the deal favors me. Silver is second place, and gold is my primary search. I dont even post silver to much because most is cheap blackened trinkets of lower craftsmanship.....once in a while ill post something nice made of silver. What ever the price is im still not buying any when I can find a couple pounds each summer !! This year I found a little less than usual, but still almost a large jar full....I haven't weighed it, and it'll get melted to bar and stashed away for emergencies or whenever I want. The only relavent price of silver is when you decide to use it and trade or sell. This way my silver is always profitable.....I find it free of charge....just fuel and lunch....which i would have spent anyway. No records, no premiums, no shipping fees !! Just my free silver !!View attachment 2239054
If I dig though my truck, and boat, and pull all the other loose silver i might fill her to the top. Im just gonna keep stacking the silver in jars and bars !! Seems simple this way.
BB, you really need an assistant to follow you around holding a jar when you hunt. You always seem to find a good amount of great goodies down in those crystal clear waters! Yeah, I'm jealous of those waters, I can't even see my feet when I'm knee deep in the waters here in MD & DE, lol.
 
BB, you really need an assistant to follow you around holding a jar when you hunt. You always seem to find a good amount of great goodies down in those crystal clear waters! Yeah, I'm jealous of those waters, I can't even see my feet when I'm knee deep in the waters here in MD & DE, lol.
Hey SS, the good about where we hunt is.. from Nov to May you will not see any other hunters in the water. And the water is crystal clear during that time!
 
Hey SS, the good about where we hunt is.. from Nov to May you will not see any other hunters in the water. And the water is crystal clear during that time!
Well, at least on the beach during Fall & Winter I'm usually the only hunter out there, maybe one other diehard will show up, lol.
 
Looks like the rise has been halted. I'm still hoping it keeps going up.
I'd rather it drops to $5 so I can buy some more! :laughing7: That might kill some financial institutions though.....
 
It will be interesting to see who's holding the bag (or empty sack) when it does take a dive. Back when the Hunt brothers ran it up to $50oz, in the early 80's? some people got hurt with that when it crashed.
 
Watching Youtube videos has really thrown many into panic buying of silver,.. for me it has thrown me into wanting to get out in hunt in sub freezing temps..
Checking one of the local coin shops I see a lot of gold and silver rounds (coins) are not available due to selling out, panic buying.
See the same at a few on YT also..

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom