What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Wife and I just got back from shopping. Before we left, I posted a screenshot of Silver hitting $81.59.

Just got back and Silver is now up to $83.23. Seems every time I go out, Silver jumps $2.00 oz while I was away, happened yesterday too. I think I need to go out more often, lol.

1766965813263.webp
 
Wife and I just got back from shopping. Before we left, I posted a screenshot of Silver hitting $81.59.

Just got back and Silver is now up to $83.23. Seems every time I go out, Silver jumps $2.00 oz while I was away, happened yesterday too. I think I need to go out more often, lol.

View attachment 2238909
Get out, get a room, sleep in your car.
Go get drunk and go sleep it off, but stay out.
We all thank you for your helpfulness 🤣
 
Get out, get a room, sleep in your car.
Go get drunk and go sleep it off, but stay out.
We all thank you for your helpfulness 🤣
:sign10: Damn, THAT was funny Pepper, laughing pretty hard right now.
 
Looks like the drop is coming a day earlier than we expected, reread post #154. Figured it would start tomorrow, but the traders must have decided to work today since we've been seeing the price rise. It had reached a high of over $84 about an hour ago, but I was out with the wife shopping and didn't see it. But watch the price drop. It's a signal of the last dying breath of the traders trying to control the market. But the demand from Industry is so great, that they'll swoop in to buy at these lower prices and the price will turn around and head back up very fast.
 
Looks like the drop is coming a day earlier than we expected, reread post #154. Figured it would start tomorrow, but the traders must have decided to work today since we've been seeing the price rise. It had reached a high of over $84 about an hour ago, but I was out with the wife shopping and didn't see it. But watch the price drop. It's a signal of the last dying breath of the traders trying to control the market. But the demand from Industry is so great, that they'll swoop in to buy at these lower prices and the price will turn around and head back up very fast.
I hope that your analysis is correct. I figured that today it would either crash or go way up. Maybe it will be both?
 
Silver is still up 5% for the week.
They're throwing the paper at it.
I'll find out here in a bit just how many contracts.
 
I am not sure if i follow the "drop" that has been spoken about.

I thought i explained the way this would go from onset of this thread.... but ?
IT is called a "swing" by the way.

I told you all that there will be swings that will get more extreme.
This IS one of those swings... with many many more to follow... and they will get more extreme.
 
I believe it will recover and continue to rise, notwithstanding Elon Musk's comment over the weekend and the sudden drop.
Don in SoCal
Again................. Not a sudden drop... read above.
 
Here is the amount of contracts they've done in the past hour, hoping to flood the market and drive the price down.
IMG_3896.webp

That's ounces, a 1/4 of a years mining output.
 
I hope that your analysis is correct. I figured that today it would either crash or go way up. Maybe it will be both?
Right now, physical gold in China is selling for $88 - $90oz. That's not paper promises, that's what it's actually selling for on the street. Just looked, Silver has dipped to $72, which we expected as the Paper Traders make their last stand. But with such a huge price differential between Paper and Physical Silver, I fully expect to see arbitrage plays happening. China could simply buy up all the Silver at $72 and resell for 88/90. But the traders dealing in paper Silver don't really have, and more than likely, won't be able to get the physical Silver that they're "selling", and they tend to "sell" the same ounce of Silver they don't really have to 100 or more investors. I really don't know how these practices are legal, sounds a lot like a Ponzi to me, aka Bernie Madoff.
 
I am not sure if i follow the "drop" that has been spoken about.

I thought i explained the way this would go from onset of this thread.... but ?
IT is called a "swing" by the way.

I told you all that there will be swings that will get more extreme.
This IS one of those swings... with many many more to follow... and they will get more extreme.
Drop, Dip, Swing, just different terms meaning price goes down but will come back up. I mentioned in an earlier post that today will be a pivotal day and that this week will be volatile, so I totally agree with your assessment that there will be swings, and some of those swings will be extreme. But the paper traders won't be able to keep this up for too long. Just got word yesterday but haven't received confirmation that a "systemically important" bank, a major player in Silver Futures (paper), failed to pay its Margin Call by 2am and was liquidated by the Futures Exchange at 2:47AM Eastern US Time.

Overnight, the Federal Reserve was forced to pump another $34 Billion into the banking system through Emergency Overnight Repo facility. This is on top of the $17B which they had to pump in 2 days ago. The bank in question is described as one of the largest players in the precious metals derivatives market. They apparently "blew past every risk limit, breached every covenant, and exhausted every line of credit".

They were massively short Silver; we are talking massive positions numbering in the hundreds-of-millions ounces. They had until Sunday morning to post $2.3 Billion in additional cash collateral. Every major bank on Wall Street looked at the bank's Derivatives Books and saw that the bank was "already dead", they just hadn't stopped moving yet. The fall of this "systemically important" bank will have immediate repercussions throughout the entire banking system.

At 2:47am, the bank notified the Exchange that they could NOT meet the $2.3 Billion margin call, so at 3:03am, the Exchange began forced liquidation of the Contracts. By 4:15am, the banks positions on the Exchange were fully closed. Sixteen minutes later, Federal Regulators seized the bank to prevent a disorderly unwind.

Again, haven't yet received confirmation on all this but it doesn't surprise me. And if there's one bank in trouble, there's probably more that will soon follow.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OBN
About a half a years mine supply dumped into the market in 2 hours and 10 minutes. This is a desperation move and it may be their last.

IMG_3898.webp
IMG_3897.webp
 
It really didn't effect the price much 🤣

Screenshot_20251229_110924_Chrome.webp
 
Drop, Dip, Swing, just different terms meaning price goes down but will come back up. I mentioned in an earlier post that today will be a pivotal day and that this week will be volatile, so I totally agree with your assessment that there will be swings, and some of those swings will be extreme. But the paper traders won't be able to keep this up for too long. Just got word yesterday but haven't received confirmation that a "systemically important" bank, a major player in Silver Futures (paper), failed to pay its Margin Call by 2am and was liquidated by the Futures Exchange at 2:47AM Eastern US Time.

Overnight, the Federal Reserve was forced to pump another $34 Billion into the banking system through Emergency Overnight Repo facility. This is on top of the $17B which they had to pump in 2 days ago. The bank in question is described as one of the largest players in the precious metals derivatives market. They apparently "blew past every risk limit, breached every covenant, and exhausted every line of credit".

They were massively short Silver; we are talking massive positions numbering in the hundreds-of-millions ounces. They had until Sunday morning to post $2.3 Billion in additional cash collateral. Every major bank on Wall Street looked at the bank's Derivatives Books and saw that the bank was "already dead", they just hadn't stopped moving yet. The fall of this "systemically important" bank will have immediate repercussions throughout the entire banking system.

At 2:47am, the bank notified the Exchange that they could NOT meet the $2.3 Billion margin call, so at 3:03am, the Exchange began forced liquidation of the Contracts. By 4:15am, the banks positions on the Exchange were fully closed. Sixteen minutes later, Federal Regulators seized the bank to prevent a disorderly unwind.

Again, haven't yet received confirmation on all this but it doesn't surprise me. And if there's one bank in trouble, there's probably more that will soon follow.
Sand....
You really need to check out your info before quoting and posting.
You have quoted several false things throughout the course of this thread.
 
You guys really need to lay off the social media.
It is riddled with opinionated crapola.
And the made up things in order to influence.
You have bought into a lot of the silver hype hook line and sinker.
 
Last edited:
Anyone coming across this... and reads what appears to quote facts are only going to realize after any due diligence that it is indeed false designed hype with motives.
Make no mistake ...MOST of what has been published is BS.... with an agenda in mind.

This thread will be eventually shunned as misinformation if your are not careful.
 
No one out there is an authority on any movements of any metals EVER>
Even THE top analysts using factual analytical data are only offering an opinion based upon information they have and know of.
There is much more going on behind the scenes than they will ever know.
Nor will they know ... OR anyone else for that matter.... especially from any social media spam designed to only produce hits / views.
The FOMO is getting a grip and like all things... it is blown out of proportion.

Silver will increase in value.
Simply due to lack of supply versus demand.
It is that simple.
To what end... will be yet to be seen.

Remember... when things become a problem... Problems have ways of being solved... and that goes for silver as well.
IF your thinking its a win win... then... good luck.

Also.... i would like to point another nuance about the rise of metals that many may have overlooked.
And that is the possibility of a market COLLAPSE.
IF that happens...
Then ALL of this was for not.
So... please...
I know i am the one that got this whole thing started...
but it seems to be getting a bit warped out of context and filled with quoted social media copy pasted stuff that is not factual.
 
Anyone coming across this... and reads what appears to quote facts are only going to realize after any due diligence that it is indeed false designed hype with motives.
Make no mistake ...MOST of what has been published is BS.... with an agenda in mind.

This thread will be eventually shunned as misinformation if your are not careful.
So kitco is BS?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom