What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
I think Sand was either looking at another listing OR... he has $ signs in his eyes :P
I was looking at the listing that APMEX provides for Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Palladium. This is what I was looking at.

1768873255557.webp
 
I have been watching the metals markets everyday all day ...
every single day...
for a solid 10 years.

From Sunday at 6 till Friday... every hour or so.
I read everything ever written about silver... and metals in general for that matter.
I have had a great interest for longer than that.

I am not a heavy metals guy.... just very knowledgeable on it.
I'm not a Heavy Metal guy either, I prefer Hard & Classic Rock.
 
Dont get me wrong...
I have been in buy sell flea type markets mostly in ALL types of jewelry for 36 years... especially antique silver.
So... i own some metals...
I have collected some things... but no where near many of the people i know have.
I like and prefer antique silver.
And within the last 6 years heavy in trading coins.

When silver spiked last time i dumped 90% or more.
Since then i have slowly collected small bits here and there.
Always available for sale if need be.
I have never really been a "stacker".
But collected things from yard sales and flea markets... including coins.
I am always trading things... so i pay attention.
During Covid i began apprenticing under a coin Grader from one of the top grading companies as a side thing and have gotten pretty heavy with helping that... specializing in Pre 64 silver.
 
Dont get me wrong...
I have been in buy sell flea type markets mostly in ALL types of jewelry for 36 years... especially antique silver.
So... i own some metals...
I have collected some things... but no where near many of the people i know have.
I like and prefer antique silver.
And within the last 6 years heavy in trading coins.

When silver spiked last time i dumped 90% or more.
Since then i have slowly collected small bits here and there.
Always available for sale if need be.
I have never really been a "stacker".
But collected things from yard sales and flea markets... including coins.
I am always trading things... so i pay attention.
During Covid i began apprenticing under a coin Grader from one of the top grading companies as a side thing and have gotten pretty heavy with helping that... specializing in Pre 64 silver.
PS... I would buy and sell you if you were a good deal...
I buy low... sell low.

I am a middleman.... i make 5-10% generally
:)
 
Dont get me wrong...
I have been in buy sell flea type markets mostly in ALL types of jewelry for 36 years... especially antique silver.
So... i own some metals...
I have collected some things... but no where near many of the people i know have.
I like and prefer antique silver.
And within the last 6 years heavy in trading coins.

When silver spiked last time i dumped 90% or more.
Since then i have slowly collected small bits here and there.
Always available for sale if need be.
I have never really been a "stacker".
But collected things from yard sales and flea markets... including coins.
I am always trading things... so i pay attention.
During Covid i began apprenticing under a coin Grader from one of the top grading companies as a side thing and have gotten pretty heavy with helping that... specializing in Pre 64 silver.
What are your thoughts on this one.
I have researched it, and am on the fence on reconsigning it, if it pans out.

Bid Gallery | Kingston (Ontario, Canada) PARTNER MANAGED Downsizing Online Auction - Willingdon Avenue | Maxsold https://share.google/SxOmTKfuThPOva268
 
PS... I would buy and sell you if you were a good deal...
I buy low... sell low.

I am a middleman.... i make 5-10% generally
:)
SO.....
WHEN.......... working on such LOW margins.....
Every dollar counts.
And i pay CLOSE attention to what something is TRULY worth.
 
PS... I would buy and sell you if you were a good deal...
I buy low... sell low.

I am a middleman.... i make 5-10%
:)
I try to be in the 25-35% average range.
5-10% one can get hurt too easily with prices.
 
I try to be in the 25-35% average range.
5-10% one can get hurt too easily with prices.
I have no overhead really... and its not a business... just a side hustle for a few extra dollars in a month.
I am a poor artist.
Musician
Glass artist.
 
Too rich for my blood. :)
Not asking for you to buy it.🤣
You just said you're up on the antique silver.
Look at the marker, the year, it's nearly a 200 yr old copy of the name and year.
Resale on a high end auction might be an option.
 
Not asking for you to buy it.🤣
You just said you're up on the antique silver.
Look at the marker, the year, it's nearly a 200 yr old copy of the name and year.
Resale on a high end auction might be an option.
Yeah i am not into flatwares unless they are applied bowl spoons and such.
 
I try to be in the 25-35% average range.
5-10% one can get hurt too easily with prices.
HENCE why i pay CLOSE attention to metal price.
Sheesh i am an occasional scrapper as well pepps... So if i lived in Canada you and i would have prolly met :P
 
Yeah i am not into flatwares unless they are applied bowl spoons and such.
There's a bunch of spoons going up that have coin spoon bowls.
Not sure where I saw them now.
 
Hey Hey Hey, Gold just hit $4.7K.

1768883723655.webp
 
Well Sand can now say its 95... heh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom