What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Now for the glass half full news
Gold is up 85.84% in 1 year
Silver is up 197.22% in 1 year


Folks look at that-LOOK-READ-DON"T WEEP!
AND I will add, if you're holding physical Silver, whether .999 rounds/bars, or rings, bling, sterling, or whatever, and you're in for the long-term, you can sit back and watch all the chaos as this movie unfolds without worry and stress. IMHO, it's not rocket science, it's common sense because the Law of Supply & Demand is in effect here, just like it is in every other market, with every other product.

The demand for physical Silver is MUCH higher than available supply, and demand rises more and more each day. It should stay that way at least into the 2030's. Even if there were plans to open more mines, it takes between 5-10 years to open a new mine. So, demand will continue to outstrip the available supply for at least the next 5-10 years. So, regardless of all the noise, or what the paper trading market says or does, or what spot prices they publish, when you're holding physical metal, and you know the demand for Silver cannot be met by the available supply, the Law of Supply & Demand steps in, as it always does, and causes prices to continue rising.
 
AND I will add, if you're holding physical Silver, whether .999 rounds/bars, or rings, bling, sterling, or whatever, and you're in for the long-term, you can sit back and watch all the chaos as this movie unfolds without worry and stress. IMHO, it's not rocket science, it's common sense because the Law of Supply & Demand is in effect here, just like it is in every other market, with every other product.

The demand for physical Silver is MUCH higher than available supply, and demand rises more and more each day. It should stay that way at least into the 2030's. Even if there were plans to open more mines, it takes between 5-10 years to open a new mine. So, demand will continue to outstrip the available supply for at least the next 5-10 years. So, regardless of all the noise, or what the paper trading market says or does, or what spot prices they publish, when you're holding physical metal, and you know the demand for Silver cannot be met by the available supply, the Law of Supply & Demand steps in, as it always does, and causes prices to continue rising.
I'm doing the first steps in moving a few watches out. First on the list.
For sale
 
I wonder which bank or group of people either made a ton of money today, or didn't lose a ton of cash because silver lost 1/3 of it's value today.
Probably all the big, big banks, financial institutions and power brokers. I don't remember the details, but I had heard several days ago that the banks/institutions had until today to get Silver below $100, had to be $99.99 or below to prevent options from being exercised. Don't know what those options are but sounds like something their customers/investors would have been able to exercise, which sounds like it would have cost the banks Mucho $$$$. But in order for the options to be able to be exercised, Silver had to be above $100. So, coincidentally? lookie what happened today, the apparent deadline to prevent the options from being exercised. So today, of all days, Silver dropped well below $100, so the options couldn't be exercised, which I'm guessing saved the banks BIG bucks. Boy, what a lucky coincidence for those large banks, eh? :laughing7:
I agree with Sand Swinger. Probably some shenanigans going on behind the scenes. It's all about the free market until someone big starts losing money.
I've been watching the market almost daily for the last year. Prior to that, when I started investing in Silver about 4 years ago, I didn't use fancy market analysis, I didn't realize at that time how important Silver was as an industrial metal and didn't get down into the weeds with complicated ratios and mathematics. And I didn't know about all the shenanigans that goes on in the paper trading market. I just used my life experience, discernment, and common sense. I did get a little bit of Gold, just so I could be in the Gold game as well, but the vast majority went into Silver. My entire reasoning was pretty basic and based on common sense. I figured when Silver was at $20 and Gold was at $2,200, that it would be much easier for Silver to double in price to $40, than for Gold to double in price to $4,400. More people could buy Silver at $40 than Gold at $4,400. And I too could buy a LOT more Silver than I could Gold. And thankfully, looks like common sense turned out to be the case, as my Gold has doubled in price with a few hundred extra, but my Silver has increased in price by 5X. So, being able to buy more Silver oz's and having each oz's value jump 5X, is much better than buying less Gold oz's and having their oz value jump by 2X.
 
Friday the 30th ment a lot of paper was due.
It will only go up again then get slapped down in March
We just have to be smart.
Ahh, that may tie into what I had heard about the power brokers having until today to get Silver's price down below $100, so that options couldn't be exercised. But if Silver was over $100, options could be exercised. I don't know what the options are, but apparently if the options were exercised, that would have cost the power brokers Mucho dinero. They apparently needed Silver below $100 to prevent options from being exercised. So, look what happened today. Man, what a crazy coincidence, lol.
 
Probably all the big, big banks, financial institutions and power brokers. I don't remember the details, but I had heard several days ago that the banks/institutions had until today to get Silver below $100, had to be $99.99 or below to prevent options from being exercised. Don't know what those options are but sounds like something their customers/investors would have been able to exercise, which sounds like it would have cost the banks Mucho $$$$. But in order for the options to be able to be exercised, Silver had to be above $100. So, coincidentally? lookie what happened today, the apparent deadline to prevent the options from being exercised. So today, of all days, Silver dropped well below $100, so the options couldn't be exercised, which I'm guessing saved the banks BIG bucks. Boy, what a lucky coincidence for those large banks, eh? :laughing7:

I've been watching the market almost daily for the last year. Prior to that, when I started investing in Silver about 4 years ago, I didn't use fancy market analysis, I didn't realize at that time how important Silver was as an industrial metal and didn't get down into the weeds with complicated ratios and mathematics. And I didn't know about all the shenanigans that goes on in the paper trading market. I just used my life experience, discernment, and common sense. I did get a little bit of Gold, just so I could be in the Gold game as well, but the vast majority went into Silver. My entire reasoning was pretty basic and based on common sense. I figured when Silver was at $20 and Gold was at $2,200, that it would be much easier for Silver to double in price to $40, than for Gold to double in price to $4,400. More people could buy Silver at $40 than Gold at $4,400. And I too could buy a LOT more Silver than I could Gold. And thankfully, looks like common sense turned out to be the case, as my Gold has doubled in price with a few hundred extra, but my Silver has increased in price by 5X. So, being able to buy more Silver oz's and having each oz's value jump 5X, is much better than buying less Gold oz's and having their oz value jump by 2X.
I have always been interested in silver but never had much of it. Just a few random coins. Last year I decided it was time to buy some .999 ounces. Plan was to build up 1000 ounces over time. I only bought a fraction of the goal last year. Even with the todays drop I still doubled my money. I would have been happy if it went up 50% in 5 years. It's done far better. If it didn't go up at all my plan was to cast it into rings and sell it that way. Probably could double it's worth that way.
I think you understand the goings on better than I do. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that most of the money in silver is made from paper silver that doesn't exist. I can wait 5 years to see what happens.
 
I have always been interested in silver but never had much of it. Just a few random coins. Last year I decided it was time to buy some .999 ounces. Plan was to build up 1000 ounces over time. I only bought a fraction of the goal last year. Even with the todays drop I still doubled my money. I would have been happy if it went up 50% in 5 years. It's done far better. If it didn't go up at all my plan was to cast it into rings and sell it that way. Probably could double it's worth that way.
I think you understand the goings on better than I do. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that most of the money in silver is made from paper silver that doesn't exist. I can wait 5 years to see what happens.
I of course love Gold, but for some reason, Silver's always been my jam, lol. And for some reason, when it comes to other metal products, like a lamp, or trim on my truck, metal parts on my guitar, I've always preferred either a Satin or Matte finish rather than a shiny chrome look. I don't recall ever selling any of my detecting finds, with the exception of some clad quarters many years ago. But it wasn't until a few years ago that I started investing in Silver and thank God that I did. I don't trust the stock market, so always had my 401K money going into Bonds, which usually had always been a fairly safe bet. But once I discovered that I could roll my 401K over to physical Silver & Gold, I made that move and bought physical metals which are securely stored in vaults at different depositories in different states, my nuclear option plan, lol.

IMHO, I wouldn't worry today's drop, especially if you're holding Silver for the long-term. For those of us holding long-term, all this chaos is just annoying noise IMO, as it really doesn't affect us directly since we're not selling, at least until much further down the road and after all this dust has settled and blown away. The drop today was pretty huge, but we had another drop recently, not as deep as today, but it was a good size drop. And almost immediately after the drop, Silver started climbing back and it was only 1 or 2 days before Silver was back where it was before the drop. Today, I think Silver dipped to a low or around $73, but looks like it's currently at $86, so it's starting to rise back up.

From what I've been seeing, there seems to be a lot of manipulation on the paper trading side, and if they need the price to be below a certain number or they'll lose billions, guess what they'll do, or at least try to do. BTW, the spot prices we see on the exchanges cover the paper trading market, not necessarily the physical market. The physical market has traditionally used the spot prices from the paper trading market, and that seemed to work well when the market was a lot more normal & stable than it is today. Dealers would look at spot price and add a buck or two or three to every oz of Silver or coin bought as their markup or profit on the sale. I think everyone considered that spot price to be pretty solid. But lately, the market has been so volatile that dealers have been forced to jack up their premiums to $10, $15, maybe even more, to cover any potential dips in price, as prices can go up and down violently like a roller coaster.

I've also been hearing that the physical market is losing faith in the paper traders spot prices, as they know those prices can be manipulated and more than likely, don't actually represent the real price of Silver. For instance, if the paper traders spot price is showing $85oz for Silver, but you can't find Silver to buy for less than $100, $105 or thereabouts, what good is that paper traders spot price? I just use it as a guide to get a rough idea where the market is, but personally, I don't put much faith in or think that I'd be able to buy Silver at that price. Maybe it should be called Spot+, lol. I just heard yesterday that buyers in Shanghai were paying about $135oz for physical Silver. And if buyers in other countries are paying much more on the street for an ounce of Silver, but our "spot" price is showing $85oz, which we know is probably fiction, then what good does the paper traders spot price do for the physical market? The disparity between their price and the real street price has been growing wider and wider. At some point, I think the paper traders' market will lose credibility, which would cause dealers and investors in physical Silver to lose confidence in their spot price.
 
were are the best places to buy silver on the net.
I use Golden Eagle coins in Laurel Maryland. The bad is ...Now we have to pay tax on metals. That started July 1st, 2025, thanks to Gov Moore.... Golden Eagle does have the best price I have found on silver eagles... then the tax brings it up to what everyone else is charging. Free shipping on orders over 1000.oo I do prefer to pick up in person, and its is appointments only. I checked out a few other shops and several are sold out of silver eagles but plenty of the rounds.
 
Well, well, well, check out this video. It describes and confirms what many of us had suspected about the recent crash, it was planned and manipulated. Very eye-opening video about the length’s the paper market will go to, and the shenanigan’s they’ll pull to manipulate the market for their own purposes, which always traces back to $$.

 
Yo ARC. I think I'll go with gold hitting 5k before silver hitting $100 this time around.:icon_thumright:
 
Well it was time and I had they wanted-why not send it in was the question thrown at me.
Well I promised to show as he promised to look. Tat's where we start a relationship. Don't matter it's only the insured shipping rate and it's theirs.
Fair enough.
Note: I don't wear mine anymore, last time it saw my wrist was 18 yrs ago, the LP watch was 30 yrs, Hamilton over 40yrs. The last 2 watches I had less $2k invested, and they generated $9350 return.
Deal done :headbang:
I got some capital to apply to some projects that will generate some more income.
$24.5K Total
20260202_073934.webp
20260202_073954.webp
 
Well it was time and I had they wanted-why not send it in was the question thrown at me.
Well I promised to show as he promised to look. Tat's where we start a relationship. Don't matter it's only the insured shipping rate and it's theirs.
Fair enough.
Note: I don't wear mine anymore, last time it saw my wrist was 18 yrs ago, the LP watch was 30 yrs, Hamilton over 40yrs. The last 2 watches I had less $2k invested, and they generated $9350 return.
Deal done :headbang:
I got some capital to apply to some projects that will generate some more income.
$24.5K Total
View attachment 2243365View attachment 2243366
good thing you hung onto those. I've picked up a few men's gold cased watches over the years and would sell them quickly on ebay. I had a white gold case and band Bulova I bought for $150 and got $450 out of it. It had about 35 grams of 14k gold involved in it. I have two gold watches left. A Longines diamond dial and a 1930s Hamilton I got for $10. and spent $150. having it fully serviced.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom