What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
The refineries must be catching up.....
 
THe ones that shorted had to sell the Bitcoin to cover their losses. So it took the 50% hit, but there will be more to come they say. March there's a lot of paper that will be coming due.
Though the demand will come back up so the folks will be buy more, or hold on to what they have.
 
Well... after a long break from this thread i decided to read only a couple posts after i left off...

I will just RE-say this and leave it at that...

No one knew it was going to be at 100 at / right just after the first of the year.
Anyone who says they knew that as well is full of it.
And I am the one who first told you it would be AT 100 after the first... period.

And just so you know... I knew in mid- Oct- November where it would be at around the first of the year.
with a 90% - 98% certainty. (always an X factor) (and actually i thought it would hit 100 by Christmas week)

So... onward...
AND... just so we can just "verify" it here and now...
Someone please go ahead and state the next time a major move is expected... rough price and date range.

OR shall i tell you ?

Realize... I am not an "investor"... I am just a guy who pays attention to the smallest of dumb details of certain persons or entities that interest me.
And that mixed with factual data makes for a good prediction ... OR an imagination... you pick.
 
Last edited:
ARC one thing about you that sticks out for me, is that I don’t remember seeing any posts here on beach in shallow water that you have found and posted.
I’m sure you found a lot of great fines. It would be great if you shared them with us. If I did miss some why’d, you stop posting?
 
So who wants to tell me when it will hit 100 again? So I can feel good about buying the dip.
View attachment 2244133
I think we have some more bumps in the road, more ups and downs, but that's great for those who want to buy during the dips. Timewise, if you're looking at the purchase as an investment and are in for the long-term, then specific time it will hit $100 again won't matter and won't stress you out. Personally, I don't think it will be long before it rises over $100, but Physical Silver is still battling with the Paper market, and the last few crashes have been attributed to their shenanigans, but that's going to be coming to an end once they all get rid of their short positions and switch to long. Plus, our Gov't has stated publicly that they're looking at setting a price floor for Silver, to insure it's profitable for miners & refiners to continue operations. Since Silver is now a strategic metal, the Gov't needs to insure its survival and availability for their uses. So, at some point soon, there will be a minimum floor price for Silver that manipulators won't be able to go below. The Paper Market is losing power as the price of physical Silver continues to shift more and more over to market demand.

But one things for sure IMHO, the continual manipulation and constriction of Silver's price is coming to an end. There's no way around the fact that the demand for physical Silver continues to exceed the available supply, so prices will have to rise, no getting around the law of Supply & Demand. For instance, Over the last year, I acquired hardware and parts to build a new PC. Last year, I bought a 64Gb RAM kit and IIRC, I paid around $250 or so, as memory was freely available and fairly cheap. But now, there's currently a shortage of memory chips that can be used to manufacture RAM, SSD's, etc. The prices are now insane due to Supply & Demand. That same 64Gb RAM kit I bought last year for around $250 is now selling for around $900, so price has literally tripled - quadrupled in the last 6 months. So, same thing is in store for Silver, extremely high, constantly growing demand but nowhere near enough supply to meet the demand means prices have no choice but to continue rising. Once Physical totally breaks free from the Paper Market manipulators, price will be based on market demand.
 
ARC one thing about you that sticks out for me, is that I don’t remember seeing any posts here on beach in shallow water that you have found and posted.
I’m sure you found a lot of great fines. It would be great if you shared them with us. If I did miss some why’d, you stop posting?
To be honest... I have not found anything really "great"... IMO...
or much if anything at all in the last decade.
Mainly because I have not even detected in years,
Just so you know...
I never did or have detected on the regular... wish i had the ability to.
There were some years in my life where i did detect often...but detecting has always been a luxury for me.

Most of my detecting was in my youth and now life just does not permit it... mostly due to time.
HEnce ...
Why i joined Tnet.
I am able to detect through you guys. :)

Sorry if this disappoints .
 
So who wants to tell me when it will hit 100 again? So I can feel good about buying the dip.
View attachment 2244133
What did you pay ?
Premium ?
And what years are those ?
If you don't mind me asking.

And i will tell you when I THINK the next major move is going to happen :)
 
Last edited:
I think we have some more bumps in the road, more ups and downs, but that's great for those who want to buy during the dips. Timewise, if you're looking at the purchase as an investment and are in for the long-term, then specific time it will hit $100 again won't matter and won't stress you out. Personally, I don't think it will be long before it rises over $100, but Physical Silver is still battling with the Paper market, and the last few crashes have been attributed to their shenanigans, but that's going to be coming to an end once they all get rid of their short positions and switch to long. Plus, our Gov't has stated publicly that they're looking at setting a price floor for Silver, to insure it's profitable for miners & refiners to continue operations. Since Silver is now a strategic metal, the Gov't needs to insure its survival and availability for their uses. So, at some point soon, there will be a minimum floor price for Silver that manipulators won't be able to go below. The Paper Market is losing power as the price of physical Silver continues to shift more and more over to market demand.

But one things for sure IMHO, the continual manipulation and constriction of Silver's price is coming to an end. There's no way around the fact that the demand for physical Silver continues to exceed the available supply, so prices will have to rise, no getting around the law of Supply & Demand. For instance, Over the last year, I acquired hardware and parts to build a new PC. Last year, I bought a 64Gb RAM kit and IIRC, I paid around $250 or so, as memory was freely available and fairly cheap. But now, there's currently a shortage of memory chips that can be used to manufacture RAM, SSD's, etc. The prices are now insane due to Supply & Demand. That same 64Gb RAM kit I bought last year for around $250 is now selling for around $900, so price has literally tripled - quadrupled in the last 6 months. So, same thing is in store for Silver, extremely high, constantly growing demand but nowhere near enough supply to meet the demand means prices have no choice but to continue rising. Once Physical totally breaks free from the Paper Market manipulators, price will be based on market demand.
I think that pretty much explains it ....... :icon_thumright:
 
To be honest... I have not found anything really "great"... IMO...
or much if anything at all in the last decade.
Mainly because I have not even detected in years,
Just so you know...
I never did or have detected on the regular... wish i had the ability to.
There were some years in my life where i did detect often...but detecting has always been a luxury for me.

Most of my detecting was in my youth and now life just does not permit it... mostly due to time.
HEnce ...
Why i joined Tnet.
I am able to detect through you guys. :)

Sorry if this disappoints .
Well, you just need to get your priorities in proper order! :laughing7:
 
Four... silver eagles I bought 5/24 at 30 and paid a 5 dollar premium, this time 2/26 I got three at 83 with a 10 dollar premium. I'm a holder and figured this is the last silver I'll be buying in my lifetime since I do dig a lot of dirty junk silver. That....... I do send in every few years for melt for it finances my detecting hobby and helps the GF out.

This is from a few years ago... wish I would have waited but I know there is a ton more out there waiting to be dug.. it was 27.oo when I sent this batch in.. one ramp pass is 250 a year, the others are not as bad. Here, there is no free ramps you can launch from, most charge 25.oo a launch, or have a yearly pass.

ounces.webp


Have 3 ramp passes the silver melt will pay for this year.
2 window and one on the boat trailer
boat ramp pass.webp


Come on spring!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom