What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Four... silver eagles I bought 5/24 at 30 and paid a 5 dollar premium, this time 2/26 I got three at 83 with a 10 dollar premium. I'm a holder and figured this is the last silver I'll be buying in my lifetime since I do dig a lot of dirty junk silver. That....... I do send in every few years for melt for it finances my detecting hobby and helps the GF out.

This is from a few years ago... wish I would have waited but I know there is a ton more out there waiting to be dug.. it was 27.oo when I sent this batch in.. one ramp pass is 250 a year, the others are not as bad. Here, there is no free ramps you can launch from, most charge 25.oo a launch, or have a yearly pass.

View attachment 2244182

Have 3 ramp passes the silver melt will pay for this year.
2 window and one on the boat trailer
View attachment 2244184

Come on spring!
Another good reason not to own a boat. Having to pay just to launch it is f'ing ridiculous.
 
Another good reason not to own a boat. Having to pay just to launch it is f'ing ridiculous.
I agree.......Ridiculous ! .......who in their right mind would pay out (close to) 500.oo a year for ramp fee's............. :treasurechest: 🏴‍☠️
x.webp

Living the life... :icon_pirat:
 
Bought 11 Eisenhowers on an auction site .
$23++=$30.67.
I just went by the pictures of the coinage and 8 are the 40%.
Scrap calculator =$195.86
So that works well.
 
Not sure if the content is valid, but it certainly makes one very cautious in buying anything from China.

The video is available on YouTube

View attachment 2245116


I think fake silver bars have been a thing for a long time. With the current prices it's become a lot more lucrative for the scammers.
 
Not sure if the content is valid, but it certainly makes one very cautious in buying anything from China.

The video is available on YouTube




Add this one to the list. I seen someone on Facebook (A Metal detectorist) thought this was a deal, I guess it was on Market Place? And he sent money for them, I mean.. how stupid can one be? 🤔 If you can't deal with someone in person, meeting at a local police station and take a simple magnet/ping tester with you.. your asking to be ripped off. I was surprised at who it was too, he did take the post down after a few questioned his Intelligence level.
{3DCE482E-D650-42F8-B468-494744205322}.webp
 
Add this one to the list. I seen someone on Facebook (A Metal detectorist) thought this was a deal, I guess it was on Market Place? And he sent money for them, I mean.. how stupid can one be? 🤔 If you can't deal with someone in person, meeting at a local police station and take a simple magnet/ping tester with you.. your asking to be ripped off. I was surprised at who it was too, he did take the post down after a few questioned his Intelligence level.
View attachment 2245131
I buy where I can see the whites of their eyes.
Auctions are a tad risky for weight if they don't have a declared weight.
If they state a certain Kt, or silver I test everything before leaving the pick up location.
Buying online is just crazy actually, as there's so much fraud going on in this world.
 
Looks like the price of silver is on the rise again. I should have bought a lot of it.
I bought a bit of scrap gold and silver today.
Tried to buy more but the young guy said he was going to hold.
"It's going to go back up-you watch"
I can't wrong him for his statement.
 
Weather is starting to look like spring .. 60s this weekend... can't wait to hit the water and dig some silver! Not been out in 5 weeks.. Just hoping all of this refinery backup gets cleared out, planning on digging a lot of silver this year.
 
Weather is starting to look like spring .. 60s this weekend... can't wait to hit the water and dig some silver! Not been out in 5 weeks.. Just hoping all of this refinery backup gets cleared out, planning on digging a lot of silver this year.
Same here....got 2 more sections to paint on the "Maverick" skiff, and a little glass work on my son's boston whaler, and then will have a second boat for missions in the middle and lower keys also. Weather has been bad and life has been busy, but spring is in the air. Time to get wet in the spring short suit.....got out yesterday for a nice diamond !! Silver is a nice juicy target these days, and im excited to start back in the water !! Happy hunting folks !!
 
So silver is taking a dive lately. Can someone tell me why? Is it a good time to wait a while or should I wait?
 
So silver is taking a dive lately. Can someone tell me why? Is it a good time to wait a while or should I wait?
It certainly has seen some correction.
But still buy in this dip many say as it will return to higher prices.

Screenshot_20260322_210420_Chrome.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom