What's new

Silver man statue - curious

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this guy at the end of a jetty where they fish
IMGP0590.webp
He is silver = marked 925
IMGP0595.webp
couldnt believe it when I pulled him from my scoop
He is covered with little charms
he has a guitar in one hand and a bottle in the other
he has a shovel - a coil of rope - an ax - a bucket-
what looks like a gold pan - a spitoon - a sandal or shoe-
a backpack and a few others I cant identify on him
wonder if he is a hobo - if this was throw out there for luck - offering
cause why would someone have this on them swimming
anyone ever see a little guy like this???
he has a little bit of weight to him too -.725 troy/oz
IMGP0596.webp

Oh - after this AM hunt - i took every thing out of my pouch
BUT forgot him in zipper section - so he was with me for PM hunt
where I came up with 3 gold - should I take him with me on every hunt now ? :sunny:
 
Upvote 0
WOW that is a very different find!! never seen any thing like it!
 
another angle
a IMGP0591.webp
 
You should clean it up!
 
"should I take him with me on every hunt now ?"

Definitely!!!

That is a most unique find!

He needs a name.....( ? contest?)

Lorraine
 
SO...stick a couple gold rings on him and see how that works.

Very weird find...not sure why it was in the water unless it was a fisherman's good luck charm and got accidentally kicked in the water from the fishing jetty?

Now it is your Good Luck Charm :laughing7:
 
should always listen to your Dr.:icon_salut:
silman4.webp
 
Very cool was thinking that I needed one for some luck. Then I read your link and realized I already have one of these in my basement

My brothers and ! like exchange eclectic (or weird as my wife would say) gifts at x-mas, and I received a wooden one of these a few years ago. Don't think I will take him out with me as not to ruin him, but maybe can ask for some additional abundance next time out and bribe him with a smoke. I don't smoke but found a pack on the beach yesterday with a lighter.

That seems rational to me, or at least it couldn't hurt.
 
Those rings are HUGE! Oh wait...it's the statue that's small...interesting!! It's pocket size...Great!
 
Looks like that could be your new luck charm,Awesome three ring day all nice ones.:icon_thumleft:
 
What a great find
 
To me that is a banner find
 
Here is picture of my version. I decided to share a beer with him and see if I get great abundunce next hunt.

Cheers!
ek_beer.webp
 
My first thought was one of those juicy juice pieces of jewelry. I found one with gold and silver all attached. GREAT FIND.

Dew
 
Nice and very unusual. I like it!!
 
believe it or not - the "Silver Man" worked - hung the 3 gold from sunday on him
I found 3 more gold today :icon_sunny:
 
Last edited:
You need to hang a hot blonde on him next....make that 2 :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom