silver nickles

Depends on who you ask.

Some folks only pay face. Some folks pay the melt value in silver. Some folks never lose a toe, and then again, some folk, like Cletus, the slack jawed yokel.

I just did a quick search of your posts for the last week.

PLEASE read the basics to coin roll hunting at the top of the forum. It will answer many questions.

coinflation.com gives you the metal value of US coins.

No they are not. However I will pay you $1 for each silver quarter you find and $.50 for every Silver Nickel you find.

If it says 50c, and says US of A - it might be illegal to charge more for it. So be very careful.

Because...the government marked it with a value. That value needs to stay put. Imagine if peope spent 5 dollar bills as 50 dollar bills, it wouldnt work.

Isn't the silver nickles and quarters worth more in weight than the face value?
You might be onto something. If that's true, a person could look for silver ones, keep them, and spend the rest (non-silver ones). Or, better yet, take the non-silver ones to the bank for regular cash.

Sounds like a lot of work, but something I would be willing to try at least once. I would bet that 1/3 or more of them are silver.

Isn't the silver nickles and quarters worth more in weight than the face value?

Please do not confuse the forum members.

This is suppose to be a private forum
As the attending doctor for the patients that use this site for their re-habilitation, we do not want to create any undo stress.

They all believe this but you do not have too:icon_thumright:

Oh, crap. I've been doing it backwards.

Last one, I promise :)

Last edited:
most people think that the 42-45 nickel is silver but its actually a little less than 1/3 silver and if i were coin roll hunting the nickels would be a last resort option due to the fact that they were only produced from 42-45 to save the nickel content for the war effort.But thats just my opinion and im sure the real CRH guys will disagree.

Hang on a second.
Someone answered this once.
But I forgot what they said.
So I'm gonna ask again.

What exactly is a NICKLE?

Hang on a second.
Someone answered this once.
But I forgot what they said.
So I'm gonna ask again.

What exactly is a NICKLE?

Its what ppl use to pay my ex wife! But only 1946`s an above!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back