Silver plated perfume bottle?? and a brass eagle.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 100_4151.JPG
    100_4151.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_4159.JPG
    100_4159.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_4161.JPG
    100_4161.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_4162.JPG
    100_4162.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 100_4163.JPG
    100_4163.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 154
Upvote 16
Cool, maybe a salt shaker :icon_thumleft:

Beautiful bottle. Eagle is a soap dish maybe?
HH
dts

The eagle is probably too heavy for a soap dish, you would not want to place this near porcelain. the salt shaker answer for the bottle was good, thanks. it is about that size.

I'm guessing that the eagle is a spoon rest. Trivet ? And the bottle could be seasoning. Maybe someone did some outdoor cooking?

Not plated but solid silver -early 1900s?

Fantastic finds, Eagle plate may be an ashtray. The silver wrapped bottle is a stunner. Congrats. Sub 8-)

Congratz! That bottle is beautiful!

The eagle is a nice find, but that bottle is fascinating. I've never seen one laced in silver like that. Great finds!

The one looks like a salt shaker to me and the other looks like a spoon rest.

Both are pretty cool finds, but what I like most about such finds is that you can still use them in your house. Yeah I know it sounds cheap but I do not care. I would be the guy at the local Walmart looking for a spice cap that would fit that new/old bottle. The Spoon rest is not really my taste, but someone sure would use it.

Cool finds.

The silver inlaid bottle is a stunner of a find. Certainly would have made my day. The brass eagle in interesting as well. I bet that gave a killer signal.

I say salt or pepper shaker as well. It likely had an ornate silver top to it.

That is such an amazing find! I have never seen anything like that bottle! What a fascinating piece! Way to go!! Display it for all to see!

thanks so much for all the great replies, the bottle is going in my cabinet as a display piece with some other favorites, i guess i need to revisit the site for the cap, and maybe solve the mystery on its use.

Wow, the shaker is a great find. That little piece wasn't cheap when it was purchased.

Nice finds. I bet the top to the shaker was sterling as well. Hope you find it! [emoji3]

I wouldn't kill yourself looking for the cap. Lots of times the little cap was lost and then the shaker was tossed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back