What's new

Silver plated thingamajig???

tater307

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
59
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Farmland Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS, Troy Shadow X3, Ace 250
Any idea on this? It is hindged and moves in the center
 

Attachments

  • 2-9-12 007.webp
    2-9-12 007.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 513
  • 2-9-12 002.webp
    2-9-12 002.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 2-9-12 007.webp
    2-9-12 007.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 500
  • 2-9-12 002.webp
    2-9-12 002.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 501
I agree with BigCypressHunter ...specifically, it is a horse-harness rein guide (also called a terret) with a swinger. I've seen some other "dug" swinger-terrets which look just like the one in Tater307's photo, except that the stud-mount's base isn't broken off like his specimen's is.

By the way... it is not silver-plated. That is "Nickel-silver" plating (which actually contains no true Silver at all). Real Silver plating is almost never used on objects intended for continuous outdoor use, because Silver develops a dark tarnish pretty quickly when left out in the weather.

Nickel-silver has a Lead-ish look to it in comparison to Silver, which by comparison is white.
 
Upvote 0
GREAT ID, Big Cy! :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
I learn something new everyday. I had never heard of those before.
Great ID Big Cy.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ID. Wow that might be a cool find afterall
 
Upvote 0
I just happen to be the first to post. Green check please. :)
 
Upvote 0
Green check Tater :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom