johloh said:Looking at bars today on ebay...why are bars selling for $17+ an ounce?
thats 33% over spot? and, those are the cheapest, many are selling for way more...
theeteetotaler said:one day auction on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Roll-Silver-W...ryZ11972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Jim, not sure how it is where you live, but here they offer free classes on how to sell/buy on Ebay, usually a quarterly thing, I just watch my local newspaper, many times it's offered at the local library. I have bought things, but have never been a seller. Some day.... AMCjim4silver said:theeteetotaler said:one day auction on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1-Roll-Silver-W...ryZ11972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Whoever bought them paid too much, $6.88 a piece. Melt on these coins is $4.62. Ebay is great for sellers of silver. I wish I knew how do the Ebay thing, I would sell my BU Silver Eagles and Maples one at a time, plus tack on some steep shipping charges.![]()
Jim
I have seen two franchise type consignment stores come and go out here. They are probably in business for 6-8 months and then dissapear. I don't know what fees they charged, but I guess it didn't pay the rent.jim4silver said:I have heard there are consignment type companies that sell your stuff on ebay for you, but this would probably eat into any profits too much.

Smart kid.DrDetector said:Protect yourself by using delivery confirmation and signature confirmation if the item totals over $250.