jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Bought a bunch of jewelry this Saturday. When I got home I inspected a silver rosary I had picked up. I realized that only the center pendant is marked sterling. The chain is complete all the way around with ornaments covering plastic beads and some un-covered plastic beads all around this chain. The bottom is attached to a crucifix. I acid tested all the pieces of the rosary and the entire thing is sterling EXCEPT for the crucifix.

Peculiar the way it isn't marked and then attached to a non-silver crucifix, but I am still happy with it.

Attachments

• rosary1.jpg
    rosary1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 155
I actually just picked up a rosary that is very similar to yours. The cross looks exactly the same, except mine is marked sterling. I haven't tested it yet. The center piece and the extra medal (Medal of St. Benedict) are also marked sterling. The chain looks similar to yours, and the beads are cut in the same shape. The beads on mine are definitely not plastic, though I can't tell if they're glass or citrine or amethyst. I can't tell if the medal on mine is original or an addition. It's the only thing with a maker's mark, either "HMH" or "HVH" right below where it says "sterling."

rosary1.JPGrosary2.JPGrosary3.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back