simple pleasures

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Varies with individuals,while we need to eat, a favorite meal or trying a new taste we enjoy can be one. Sunrise or set maybe.
Often things that get us off the rat race treadmill or stress of modern living even if briefly.
For me swinging a detector is one,while I may say on occasion i have to, i really don,t. Yet can, and when doing so am troubled by little.
Noting simple pleasures for some time seems to make what i can do or have, enough to be content. If being happy is content with what one has or can do, what other way to measure or celebrate is there than simple pleasures?.

Comments welcome.

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Hauling mulch around the yard. I know, sounds silly; however, it is. Every year I get nine yards of mulch and use a large wheelbarrow to distribute it around. Exhausting but always feel good when I've hauled the last load for the day and see how much better the yard looks.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crispin I too love to mulch my yard though it is tough work. The gratification of completing a job I could have paid people to do is also satisfying.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the time of the year that one of lifes simple pleasures come to the forefront; the art of taking to the woods and river valleys in the search of Nature's Bounty....Wild ramps, fiddlehead ferns, and morel mushrooms. Need enough to eat fresh, more to pickle, and some to put in the freezer to have with next years venison.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin I too love to mulch my yard though it is tough work. The gratification of completing a job I could have paid people to do is also satisfying.

Jeeeez! Do you guys love root canals too! No just kidding I just shoveled and wheelbarrowed 3500# of river rock into our sanctuary zen garden for my wife's anniversary present!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
releventchair

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the time of the year that one of lifes simple pleasures come to the forefront; the art of taking to the woods and river valleys in the search of Nature's Bounty....Wild ramps, fiddlehead ferns, and morel mushrooms. Need enough to eat fresh, more to pickle, and some to put in the freezer to have with next years venison.[/QUOTE]

Ahh,morels! A fine garnish with wild meat.

Attachments

• IMG_20130610_213855.jpg
    IMG_20130610_213855.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 104

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some fine libations and Cuban Cigars have worked for me in the past.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the time of the year that one of lifes simple pleasures come to the forefront; the art of taking to the woods and river valleys in the search of Nature's Bounty....Wild ramps, fiddlehead ferns, and morel mushrooms. Need enough to eat fresh, more to pickle, and some to put in the freezer to have with next years venison.

Ahh,morels! A fine garnish with wild meat.[/QUOTE]

OMG I would love to have that jar right there. Cream of Morel and Lobster soup with smoked Paprika eh?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sadly we don't have fiddle heads in the South but the rest if your foraging adventures sound lovely. Ever year my brother in law gives us a few veal tenderloins,would love a good recipe or two to make it tender and flavorful. LOL @ Fletch! Today I get to finish the mulch( is that violins I hear?) :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hauling mulch around the yard. I know, sounds silly; however, it is. Every year I get nine yards of mulch and use a large wheelbarrow to distribute it around. Exhausting but always feel good when I've hauled the last load for the day and see how much better the yard looks.

I have about 10 yards of keystone I need moved about 75 yards,uphill.You guys are welcome to have at it.:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Simple pleasure! Well in my opinion a simple pleasure is not something you did, but getting the proper result that was intended. It can be as simple as getting the thread thru the eye of a needle on the first try all the way up to the conclusion of a cache hunt as you sit there with the jar of gold coins in your hands. It can be spending hours preparing a great meal and then taking the first taste of the finished product.
Some need to work at something themselves to get this pleasure, but others can obtain it from just watching someone else obtain the proper results like hitting a home run. I am in the former group. I personally have to work to obtain pleasure, but I think it is so much sweeter. There is one exception though. I can derive pleasure from watch the wonders of nature like two dansel flys mating. Just my opinion, Frank...

7-06  WOODCUTS 031-d.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Your lawn gives you pleasure when you see that field of green, but I have a different vision. I cut my grass only to keep the bug population down. I actually enjoy the dandelions and buttercups and the very small blue flowers and the small all white flowers with the yellow centers. Maybe a bit of naturalist lurks inside! My mower finally died after 10 years of service for me, I bought it used. That was 2 weeks ago and the new one arrives tomorrow, so I have but a few remaining hours to enjoy the simple pleasure of enjoying it all. Frank...

111-2 de Vinci.jpg

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think many times we "drown out" simple pleasures with stress or distraction. The more open we are to experience things-even everyday things, the more we will actually experience pleasures-the best of which are inherently simple.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I think many times we "drown out" simple pleasures with stress or distraction. The more open we are to experience things-even everyday things, the more we will actually experience pleasures-the best of which are inherently simple.

That may well be true, but I look at the simple pleasures as the enjoyable short rest periods the mine takes from the hassle and bussle of life. Frank...

111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
releventchair

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Agreed! Well put. Frankn i,m with ya on the yard. All, great comments ,thanks.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Agreed! Well put. Frankn i,m with ya on the yard. All, great comments ,thanks.

Well, the new mower arrived and I cut the grass, but I 'accidentally' missed some of those small white flowers with the yellow inside. What can I say? Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first week or two after I have planted my garden and see the new plants starting to emerge from the ground, makes all the hard work worth it. Then I have to keep the rabbits out of it,:BangHead:

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
The first week or two after I have planted my garden and see the new plants starting to emerge from the ground, makes all the hard work worth it. Then I have to keep the rabbits out of it,:BangHead:
Hey, if you planted the right things, they all go well with rabbit.

OP
OP
releventchair

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
gave up a couple seasons ago on pole beans. same rabbit,a little scrawny thing. went live and let live and planted three times. shortly after he mowed last starts an owl got him.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
What use to get me was the turtle, who's simple pleasure was taking one bite from each strawberry. Frank...

Slow Go-1_edited-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread