What's new

Skunk? Better check my change!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Twice in one week with some funny silver finds - Today after I'd just finished searching a through a skunk box of halves in my car, I walked into a sandwich store to get lunch. I paid with a big handful of halves and what comes back to me in my change - a silver 1948 dime! I haven't gotten silver in my change in years! Earlier in the week I had just finished up a skunk box of halves and walked into a sandwich store to get lunch. That time I paid for lunch with some halves from the box and as I'm paying I see a silver halve that I'd missed! :thumbsup: - It was pretty dirty and from the edge didn't look silver but I date checked as I was paying. Bingo - wasn't a skunk box after all!

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
i love finding keepers in my change.
That time I paid for lunch with some halves from the box and as I'm paying I see a silver halve that I'd missed! - It was pretty dirty and from the edge didn't look silver but I date checked as I was paying. Bingo - wasn't a skunk box after all!
thats why i always date check my halves,ESPECIALLY the dirty ones :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom