What's new

Sloppy, Saturated, Soaking Schoolyard... Silver and Steel!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you've been diggin' when you have to wash every piece of clothing that you were wearing on "sanitize" to get the mud out. 45 degrees and drizzling rain meant I enjoyed my beloved serenity while detecting a (new to me) older school yard on Sunday. It obviously has not been seriously detected lately. The soil was easy to dig!

I was rewarded with a marked .925 "A Sister is a Forever Friend" little sterling pendant. Also dug a man's Tungsten Carblde black wedding band. And yet again, I was fooled with a faux solitaire engagement ring. It is plated with a CZ stone. (This is the fifth one I have found this year!:BangHead: ) Someday I will find a real one! Also found a star pendant, a child's aluminum ring and a bent bling earring.

Other relic goodies included a Monopoly game race car, a Boy Scout neckerchief slide, a North American Hunting Club token (my third this year!) a Track medal, a key. Finished off the day with $10.75 in clad for the charity, including three "one dollar" coins. Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all and have a wonderful Christmas Season. Sub 8-)
 

Attachments

  • tungsten1.webp
    tungsten1.webp
    181.6 KB · Views: 135
  • tungsten2.webp
    tungsten2.webp
    98.9 KB · Views: 141
  • tungsten3.webp
    tungsten3.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 132
  • tungsten4.webp
    tungsten4.webp
    34 KB · Views: 127
  • tungsten5.webp
    tungsten5.webp
    64 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 40
Nice day of mud! That ring would make any heart flutter. I found the Monopoly iron game piece last week, maybe it's a scavenger hunt..:laughing7:
 
Looks like you had a very satisfying hunt. The last time I went out and the ground was saturated was last December. As soon as I cut the plug, the hole was full of water. Damn near froze my hands off. I normally wear gloves, but not that day.
 
Looks like you had a very satisfying hunt. The last time I went out and the ground was saturated was last December. As soon as I cut the plug, the hole was full of water. Damn near froze my hands off. I normally wear gloves, but not that day.

Thanks Loco, I had four layers of clothes on yesterday, with latex gloves on underneath my leather gloves! I will return to this school, as I was only able to cover about half of it. Sub 8-)
 
unless the temps are frigid, like loco was describing, I loooove me a good soggy day hunt.

easy digging, and deeper signals.

the whites coinmaster pro I was using last year needed all the help with depth it could get, I would literally plan my hunts around wet, rainy weather.

only thing I don't like about it is that I am pretty OCD about keeping all my equipment looking nice and the handle and push button controls would be literally caked with mud from my hands going to and from the dirt (mud) plug and then back to the detector, and around here its red clay which just gets gross when it gets wet. So I would always have to detail my detector and pinpointer when I got back home.........and I mean right down to using tooth picks to get out any residual left in any cracks:laughing9:
 
Well done Sub. Way to hang in there despite the nasty weather.

Any day that 925 shows up, it's a good day. Congrats brother.
 
Congratz on an awesome hunt! I'm still looking for a dollar coin! I hope your next solitaire is real!
 
Very nice hunt Sub. I am also a Life Member of the North American Hunting Club. If you ever have a dry spell on the tokens, give me a whistle & I will throw mine your way so you can have 4 !
 
Finding the serenity in all that is what I think it's really all about. You had a rather interesting find day!
I'd have to look to see when I last found silver. (although silver by itself isn't high on my list anymore. )

Still, finding a piece seems to make us feel better.

I thought about going out and playing in the mud today, but, I couldn't face the clean up chore later on.
Kudos to you!
 
you had a major hunt. I dream of those like that. Keep up the great work. :hello2:
 
nobody to bug ya,rings,pendant,ton of clad....screw the weather sub....sounds like a great day to me even with the mud bath.well done !!
 
Nice work Sub, happy holidays to you too buddy!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom