What's new

Small but special labor day creek find

ptsofnc

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
957
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first spotted this I thought "shark's tooth", but that's impossible. The find is special because it is the first point I've ever found in the creek by shoveling gravel/sand bars into a floating 1/2" screen I made. (I've found a total of 11 in the creek this year by just walking and looking.) It was about the 3rd shovel. I'm lucky the screen caught it. I quit searching about 125 shovel searches later w/o finding anything else. But any find makes a good day.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0259.webp
    DSCN0259.webp
    158.3 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN0260.webp
    DSCN0260.webp
    109.1 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Nice little Mississippian point IMO. They didn't go through to much trouble when needing a point to often. Quick and simple
 
Always like finding the small triangles. One field I hunt has a good many in it. Hoping the farmer doesn't plant it this winter after they harvest the cotton or it will be another year or longer before I can hunt it again. Nice find!
 
Nice find !!!
 
Always like finding the small triangles. One field I hunt has a good many in it. Hoping the farmer doesn't plant it this winter after they harvest the cotton or it will be another year or longer before I can hunt it again. Nice find!

Got to hate that Winter Wheat
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom